Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [35]

SHAYLEE’S POV:

I was struggling so hard against my brain that I was sweating. Time was in a stand still, I didn’t know how long I was like this, internally battling myself not to kiss Blake, but I was growing tired. I thought I heard him growl.

KISS ME! I couldn’t fight it any longer. His lips came crashing down on mine as my shriek came out muffled.But not a second later were his lips ripped apart from my own.

I screamed in terror to see a wolf lunge across the floor, loudly knocking over instruments, jaws wide to Blake and I. But it missed me by centimeters, and Blake and the wolf went flying through the two double glass doors. Blake seemed to be startled at first, but tried to shove the raging wolf off of him. The wolf’s jaws sank with a crunch into Blake’s arm, but Blake only winced. Where as I, I would have screamed my head off, like seriously a ten-foot wolf just BIT you! And it was like he’s done this before. Blake hit the wolf with his leg in the stomach and the wolf flew off, his body twisted into the air as he flipped and landed right on his feet again, a low menacing growl escaped his muzzle as they walked in a circle, each stepping on the broken glass laid out at their feet. A few snaps from the wolf, his chest heaving in and out with loud, gruff and angry breaths, had Blake backing up slowly. That is, before he leaped off the balcony in blinding speed and swept into the trees in the backyard.

The wolf howled after him, but before he left his head turned to me.

I gasped. It wasn’t just any wolf. It was MY wolf. “Brownie?” I spoke softly. A small, almost incoherent whine came from the huge wolf before he soared off the side of the balcony and landed with great elegance, his long legs stretching out before him as he gained speed after Blake into the forest.

“NOOOOOO!!” I screamed, terrified as to what to do. How did Brownie find me? Why did he come here? Was I in danger around Blake? Why wasn’t Blake freaking out like I was?

SO MANY QUESTIONS, and all I could do was stomp around confused, angry and on the verge of tears. I didn’t want either of them to die, especially not Blake. Because there was NO way he could hold his own against a giant wolf, and then people would come after Brownie and try to kill the wolf because he attacked a human, and…and!

“Shaylee!” Two voices yelled, coming up behind me. Leslie and Violet.

“What’s going on?” They asked, their eyes squinted at the forest.

“Uh..uh…uh..brown—wolf…Blake…fight…forest.” I mumbled out.

“A wolf attacked Blake, and now they’re in the forest?” Leslie repeated my words, to make them into a complete, understandable sentence.

“Alright, stay here. Don’t go after them, you hear?”

Then not but three seconds later, loud yelps came from downstairs and three wolves darted out of the back door below us. They were somewhat familiar. A raven colored black one that looked almost blue under the moonlight was off to the left side. An auburn one that led the way, his size almost matching Brownies, and a gray wolf whose long limbs looked too awkward to belong to him, flanked to the right, and they all raced with blinding speed to the forest.