(32) Confessions of a Chimpmunkaholic

:)
* * * * * * 

"Let's just get this out into the open. You're going to have to feed at some point," Sin told me as we drove down a curvy road with looming evergreens. Hunter lived on the opposite side of town as my house, where there was more forest and spaces between houses. I didn't like this part of town. It seemed darker, with less bright colors on the houses and not a single mailbox with custom bubbly decorations.

                  It reminded me a lot of the dreaded "Dark Side" of town, where Voldemort and Darth Vador stalked the streets with scowls, evilly alluring innocent victims from my end of town over to their side...

                  Hunter's blood had to be doing some seriously crazy things to my thinking.

                   "In the trunk, I have a cooler that you're going to hide somewhere in your home," Sin continued. Starting tomorrow, you will drink one and a half bags of blood a day. No more, no less. You will ingest only the required amount of blood your body needs."

                  "How long will this supply last?"

                  "About a week, then I will get you more. Perhaps one day I will teach you how to hunt."

                  "What does it taste like?" I asked, nervously fidgeting with my hands. He seemed a little bit stunned by that question, but his expression remained blank. Eyes trained unblinkingly on the road.

                  "Animal blood doesn't really taste like anything. It just...nourishes." He gripped the wheel tightly. "To be honest, you won't like it. It's thick and tasteless, you'll want to chew it, yet at the same time you want to just get it out of your mouth and think of it as a really big pill. But you'll get used to it, you have to."

                  "What what about feeding from a human?"

                  Sin stiffened significantly, not saying anything for a while. "It tastes incredible," he murmured truthfully. "It tastes like every delicious thing you've ever tasted, all in one, flushing into your system and feeding every fiber of your being until it's sated. It gives you a high that lasts for days at a time, makes you aware of every part of your body, electrifying all of your senses..."

                  "Then why can't I--?"

                  "Because I've seen it ruin someone like you," Sin snapped, jaw tightening. "You should have never, ever been forced into this life. You're young, courageous, beautiful, and intelligent...you still have a future ahead of you. Even though you're extremely sassy and rude, and I admittedly have imagined myself flinging you out of my classroom window, I've never met anyone like you. You're unique and innocent. Drinking from a human, it'll tear all of that that away from you. You weren't born into this life like Hunter and I. We've lived off of blood for years. Yes, Hunter drinks human blood, and yes, he's dangerous and he's changed since he's come off animal blood, but he has the control of a hybrid that was born into this life. Right off the bat, he didn't have to kill for his food, he choose to. You will not have that option right away. You will kill the first person you feed from.  Hunter probably doesn't even remember how it felt to feed from animal blood. It helps you stay touch with yourself most of the time instead of your beast."

                  "So you're saying I'll feel more normal if I drink animal blood?"

                  "That's exactly what I'm saying. Your choices and actions are similar to a human's, you'll blend in easier and be able to have a normal life as if you were never turned."