(31) Silky Briefs and the Evil Twin

:)

* * * 

              I was resisting every fiber of my being by not following the evil, mysterious twin out of the room. I mean, seriously. Could he be anymore cryptic and sexy? He was totally keeping something from me. Something I had done before I had woken up in his bed, and I knew that something involved his neck...and possibly even those heated flashes of us in the bathtub...

                  I definitely had to bring that whole bathtub thing up before things got awkward.

                  Eying the bedroom door, I leafed through a few of his books in his room. Most of them were thick with heavy leather bindings and titles I couldn't understand because they were in foreign languages. My fingers fell on a book that stood out from the than the rest of them. It was thick with a dark sapphire leather cover. I pulled it off of the shelf and flipped to the first page.

                  Hunter's name was signed on the inside in beautiful calligraphy. I shut the book, staring down at it in horror and then turning my head towards the bedroom door as if Hunter would be standing there.

                  Hunter had a diary. I couldn't really imagine Hunter reading any of the books or writing in a journal. Well, mostly because he was blind... but still.

                  I ran my hand over the sapphire cover. Hunter had a diary just like I did, except his diary was huge and his handwriting was unbelievably perfect. The binding was flawless, the blue leather looked barely touched. I pressed my nose briefly against the cover. It still smelled like leather, which meant my fingers did too.

                  Then it dawned on me: Hunter probably had a whole hell of a lot to write about if the journal was so big. All of the endless possibilities of secrecy and mystery within one diary started to eat at me alive.

                  I opened the diary and flipped through some pages. My eye caught a beautiful sketch within the diary of a girl with haunting eyes. Suddenly, I felt like I was invading an extremely private side of him and shut the diary, quickly putting it back on the shelf.

                  I shook off the haunting image of the girl and explored a giant, deep maple wood dresser by Hunter's king sized bed, popping open the first drawer and getting on my tippy toes to see what was inside. Yep, it was his underwear drawer. I started to close it, when my perverted side got the best of me, and I quickly reached into the drawer.

                  I stared down at what I had in my hands.

                  Behold, briefs...  Low cut, mid-thigh, silk, black briefs to be specific. So he was a silky brief kind of guy, huh? Silky briefs... A solid choice for guys that physically moved around a lot. Good support for the manhood region, yet comfortable. Hunter did wear a lot of leather pants, though. Did he even have any room down there for silky briefs? Yes, my girly hormones quickly got the best of me. I started visualizing Hunter slipping on silky briefs after taking a long, hot, wet shower...

                  "You've been quiet, kitten."

                  I whirled around with a gasp, briefs clutched to my chest.

                   Hunter stood at the front of the room, a long-sleeved black shirt replacing his previously exposed, sculpted chest.  His short black hair had grown a bit since the first time I had met him, and was dry, meaning he had left me to go blow dry his hair. The first change in him that I noticed, was not his hair or his shirt. It was the fact when I turned around to face him, I saw that Hunter's blind eyes were on his bookshelf, where his diary was slightly sticking out over the edge of the shelf because I, Pepper Ballard, was the biggest idiot. I hadn't covered my tracks, and now, Hunter was staring right at it.