Nerf wars and sinking ships

Lauren's POV

Well things have been pretty calm ever since Camie's near accident. Although it must have really freaked her because she's been acting younger than usual, especially when she's tired. I'm not complaining though. I love it.

Ally and Normani have been over a few times, I really enjoy their company. Normani is such a cute little diva, and Ally is such an angel. The girls have started calling her "Aunty awwy" and they get along so well with Normani, especially DJ. She's taken a real liking to the little diva.

I am so glad and grateful I have Ally now. I've had to ask her to baby sit the girls when I've been called into work to deal with problems my managers can't solve. And honestly she's the only one I'd trust with my angels (at times).

Speaking of work, it is doing so well. Our margins are rising and the demand for our products are out the roof. I try and do everything I think my parents would do. I hope I'm doing them proud. I know if they were here they'd be so happy for me, and they would love Camila and Dinah. I wish they could have met them.

Speaking of Camila and Dinah, where are those two. I look up from my book and listen out for laughter or movement. But nothing. Just dead silence.

"Hmmm" I get up and walk in to the princess room. Nope not In here. I check the cinema room, but all I'm greeted by is pitch darkness. Today's Thursday, so usually they're out of little space. No particular reason, they just always seem to be big most Thursday's. But even if they were out of their little head space, didn't mean I worried any less.

I make my way towards the dining room "Camz? Dinah?" My voice reverberates and echoes around the empty kitchen. Hmmm they must be downstairs I thought. I go to the fridge to get a juice box. Carefully sticking the straw into the cardboard container, I sip the sugary contents. Walking to the stairs, I catch sight of something sparkly on the table.

I walk up and find a letter with my name written in glitter 'Lauren'. I eye the paper parchment with curiosity. I put my juice box down, tearing open the envelope. My eyes scan the words and a huge smile spreads across my face.

Good morning Lauren
You're probably wandering where we are, don't fret we are okay. But if you're not fast enough, you won't be. Me and Dinah are hiding around the house, we are armed with nerf guns and ammo and have trusty armour on. You have exactly 5 minutes (yes were timing) after reading this to get ready before we come and get you. You're armour and supplies are in the living room. Remember once you're shot you're out. The winner gets bragging rights :P May the odds be ever in your favour.

Camila and Dinah

P.s were out of bananas- Camila <3

I laugh of course Camila would sign off with something about bananas.

"Tick Tok Lauser, your 5 minutes starts now" I hear Dinah's voice echo. I quickly rush into the living room. I see the nerf gun and ammunition sitting next to a cowboy hat? Haha this must be my 'trusty' armour. I quickly put the hat on and load my gun. I release a breath as I hear Camila's voice boom from downstairs

"Times up. Let the games begin" was all that was said. Western music started blasting through the interconnecting speakers around the house. "Ha, oh this is gonna be good" I say as I cock the plastic contraption. "Bring it on"

I creep around the corner, making sure I stay out of view of the mirrors. Dinah's voice sounded like it came from the first floor. This is intense I thought as I descended the stairs, the tempo of the music increases. I get to the bottom of the stairs, when I hear doors closing and footsteps