Cuddles are the best medicine

Lauren's POV

It's been a few days since Dinah has been living with us and everything is going great. The girl has settled in pretty quickly, which I'm glad about. I've even spent sometime with her and Camila out of their little space.

*Flash back to yesterday*

"Hey Lauren" I look up from my book and see Camila take a seat in front of me. "Morning Camz, you're up early" I glance at the clock '8:30am'

"Yeah, well I thought I could spend the day with you and Dinah... Where is she by the way?"

"Over here, morning y'all" the poly croaked out

"Morning Dinah, sleep well?" I asked, putting my book down. This is the second time speaking to Dinah out of her little space

"Like a baby" she chuckled, her voice sounded hoarse. I've found out that big Dinah is quite the jokester, but she's all heart. Not too different from when she's in her little head space, although big Dinah is very confident and outward where as she's quite shy when she's little.

"Same" Camila giggled "so what should we do today? I don't feel like going out its too cold"

Well, I made bacon and eggs, also blueberry and banana pancakes. Do y'all want to watch movies while we have breakfast?"

"Oh yesssss, let's watch suicide squad" Dinah said, her voice cracked which worried me

"And then the notebook?" Camila asked

"Sure, let's go" I smiled 'this is nice' I thought. I feel Dinah's forehead with the back of my hand "are you getting sick Dinah? Cos you're really warm"

She shook her head "nah, I'm naturally warm" she croaked, her throat sounded raw.

I give her a concerned look, but she just grins "okay, let's go then".

Throughout the day, I had learnt that Dinah likes to be called DJ when in her headspace, and absolutely loves stitch.

Both girls also wanted to establish a punishment system, because in their words they can be 'quite bratty' especially Camie. Much to my surprise Camila and Dinah suggest spanking. "We trust you Lo" we're their words to me. Well if they're comfortable with that, then I can't argue with that.

I wanted to ask them about how they would feel about calling me mommy. But I wanted them to settle in more before I suggested it.

The day wore on and we watched movies and cuddles until it was time to sleep. We said our good nights as I tucked them into their separate beds, then headed to my room which was right next door. Sleep engulfed me quickly that night.

*flash back ends*

I wake up to crying and coughing "wooowooo". I quickly get up and check on the girls. Camie is still asleep 'heavy sleeper' and DJ is up, tears cascade down her cheeks as she coughs.

"Oh DJ, you are sick" I feel her forehead "oh you're burning up" she reaches up for me

"Cmon little one, let's get you changed and give you some medicine and cuddles" all I got from her was a nod before a series of coughs.

Half an hour has passed, and I'm in the living room with DJ cuddled into me asleep. I rub her back and stroke her hair as I hum a soft tune.