Chapter 15: Answers

Chapter 15: Answers

Year: 1488

Villa

I was in the library looking at the books. I had nothing better to do. Ezio and I finished training early. I looked at the leather covers that were all along the shelves. I took one out not knowing what it might be and flipped to a random page. It was a journal of some sort. I skimmed through the page and then looked to another. I didn't find anything that was interesting and put it back. I heard a knock on the door and turned around. I saw Ezio leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed and a small smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and then turned back around.

"What do you want, Ezio?" I said impatiently

He shrugged his shoulders, "Niente, [nothing]"

I shook my head and then went back to looking at the books. I found a book with a black leather cover. I picked it out and flipped to a random page. I looked down to the page. It was about our Creed. I skimmed through the page before I put it back. I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I turned around as Ezio pushed me against the book shelf. He was so close to me. I tried to push him off but he stayed.

"Ezio," I warned

"Jessica," he mimicked

I was not impressed. I sighed and then looked at the floor. I looked around and found no way of getting out of this.

"Cosa? [what]"

"What is up with you lately?"

My eye brow raised and I looked confused.

"You have been distant lately. What is up?"

I looked up, "The roof." I said sarcastically

He rolled his eyes, "Jessica, you know what I mean."

I sighed and pushed him from me, he took a step back, "Things have been going on,"

"Piacere cosa? [like what]"

"Things . . ."

He looked to me serious. I sighed.

"Ezio, things that you do not need to get involved in."

I pushed Ezio out of my way but he pushed me against the shelf. He looked me in the eyes. I hope he could not read my face.

"Jessica, you know I cannot help unless you tell me."

"Perhaps I do not want you to help."

"Oh, but I can see in your eyes you need help."

I looked down to the ground. I looked back up to Ezio. I opened my mouth to say something but then Mario yelled to me. I sighed, thankful that Mario interrupted me. I looked to Ezio and pushed his arm out of my way. I hurried down the stairs and headed to Mario's office. I walked in and he had an envelope on the front of his desk. I walked over to look at the envelope. It had my name on it. It probably came from La Volpe.

I took out a knife and slowly slid it under the wax keeping the envelope sealed. I put the knife back in the holder and then slid my finger under the envelope and opened it. I took out the letter and then opened the folded paper. I skimmed through the letter. I saw the key word I was looking for. I looked up to Mario. He was busy with some papers. I set the envelope on the desk in front of Mario and went off hoping he would see what I was trying to show him.

I walked up the stairs and headed towards Ezio's room. I walked up to his door and opened it up. I walked in and saw a sight I could have gone without my whole life. I quickly turned around as Ezio spotted me. I started to stutter trying to find words to say.

"Um, you can, ah, turn around now . . ."

I turned around, blushing at the view I saw. I looked at Ezio and he was in a towel. I sighed.

"Bene. Um, we need to leave soon for Venezia . . ."

"Bene, you have more information?"

"Sì, we need to leave within the next few days."

Ezio nodded his head. I turned around and was about to close the door when I stopped midway through the door and I turned my head to the side.

"Oh, and Ezio?"

"Hmm?"

"Say . . . salute [hello] to your . . . cazzo [dick] for me . . ." I grinned and then walked out of the room

------------------------------------------

I know this is short but it needed to happen! You know it did! Don't lie!

-hey895