Chapter 5: Starting Over

Year: 1485

Villa

"No! I refuse to train this . . .this porco! [pig]"

"Scusa, [excuse me] but you ever think about how I feel when you call me names?!"

"No, because you probably have a bunch of puttana [whores] around you, praising you!"

He huffed as I turned to Mario. I gave him a cold stare as he looked down to his desk. My arms were crossed and I was very angry and unhappy. Mario looked up to me and then to Ezio. He looked at Ezio this time because it was probably easier than looking at me.

"The other day she," Mario pointed to me, "showed me that even with my training, you still are not good enough to go against some of our biggest enemies."

Mario stood up fully and then walked around his desk. He stood a few feet in front of the both of us. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose that has been broken so many times.

"Ezio, this is for you, not for her or me but, for you."

Ezio sighed before speaking up, "Bene, [okay]"

Mario's frown turned into a smile as his arms went up in the air.

"Bene! [good] You will start tomorrow morning!"

I nodded my head as I stormed out of the room. I walked outside and ran to the front of the building to get to the small roof and just sat down and hopefully not be interrupted this time. Normally I would fight out my anger but I don't want to kill any of Mario's men. He will be needing them in battle. I sighed and then closed my eyes. I took in a breath and then I heard the window open to my right. I jerked my eyes open and turned my head in that direction.

"I swear if you are Ezio, I will kill you to a pulp." I threatened

I saw hands on the edge of the roof and then saw Mario's head pop up. I sighed and then looked out to the view of the Villa. Mario got up and then sat down right beside me. He looked over to me and then to the view of the Villa.

"That was quite the threat there."

"I meant it too."

We both looked out to the view of the Villa. I looked down to my hands. I looked over to my left hand. I saw my ring finger and just looked at it. It was a sign to me. It was a sign to my father and to my family. If only I knew who my family was on my father's side. I never met a single one of them, only the abusive uncles, aunts, and grandparents from my mother's side. I dealt with them until I was found by an Assassin. I swallowed hard before looking up again.

"Figlio, [child] what's wrong?"

I sighed, "I cannot believe he doesn't remember."

Mario put an arm around me. I looked over to him and then smiled to him. He looked down to his lap and then to me.

"He forgot me too. Don't feel bad-"

"Mario, it is not that." I interrupted

"Then what is it?"

I swallowed hard and then looked up to him. I looked down to my lap and spoke up.

"It is why he doesn't remember that bothers me. It is like when he came here we were friends. Once they stopped, he just completely erased me from his memory."

"You know he did not erase you. . ."

"But it seems like it!" I looked out to the view then to my lap, "He didn't know my name or even recognize me but Claudia did. What does that tell you?"