The Return of an Old Friend (Chapter 9)

"Good morning Chandra. Did you sleep well?" Christian said as he woke up. I had woken up at 8 in the morning, but I let him sleep in, so now it was 10 in the morning.

"Yes, I slept fine. The beds here are more comfortable than ours at home. How about you, I know you fell asleep after you changed into your pajamas?" I replied, bringing him his change of clothes for that day.

"I was exhausted. I'm glad that there are places like this in every town or city. I can't wait to see how comfy the Pokémon League's beds are." He said as I walked into the bathroom to change.

"Uh, Christian. We don't even have our first badges yet." I said after we had both changed.

"Then let's go get our first badge. Isn't in this city?" he asked as we went to the cafeteria for breakfast.

"No, the first gym is in Oreburgh City, after Route 203 and the Oreburgh Gate," I told him after we sat down to eat.

"How did you know it's not in this city and where it is?"

"I just looked at the map dad gave me before we left. I looked at it while you were still asleep."

"Oh, then let's go go go!"

Meanwhile, in a mysterious building in Eterna City, a man by the name of Cyrus watches as his underlings search in vain for the missing link in his plan, the Legendary Trainer and her Arceus. While he was reading up on the lost part of the legend, his daughter, Selene, walked in. She wasn't really Cyrus's daughter, but he picked her to be his successor in case he perished before the plan succeeded. But she now knows who the Legendary Trainer is and it was her childhood friend Chandra, whom she knew before Cyrus took her in. Selene knew that if she told Cyrus that Chandra was the one they're looking for, Chandra would not survive, because they only wanted Arceus. When she walked in, Cyrus noticed her and closed the file on the Legendary Trainer.

"What do you want, Selene? Can't you see I'm reading the legend for clues to her identity?" Cyrus said to her in a tone of anger.

"I give up. I'm no longer your puppet. All you have me do is search and search and, if I'm lucky, maybe I get to search some more, and on a really good day, I might get to spend at least an hour with you researching the Legendary Trainer. All you want is for your dream of a new world become reality and you don't even care if your daughter gets deprived of her father-daughter time. I really want to spend quality time with you but you only work or make me work. In other words, I QUIT!!!" she said, letting out the anger of six years of being the daughter of the leader of an evil organization at the man she despised most in the entire world.

"Why would you quit? I thought you were happy here and not on the streets!"

"NO. I was happy on the streets because of my friends and now they probably have forgotten about me. When you see me again, I'm acting like I never saw you before in my life. GOODBYE, FOREVER!!!!" Selene said as she ran out the doors, slamming them closed as she left.

"Ha ha ha. I think I know why she is actually leaving for." Cyrus says as Selene disappeared towards Oreburgh City.

"Ah, what a beautiful day. Other than the battles and wild Pokémon, this day is great!" said my brother as we approached the Oreburgh Gate when something caught my eye. I hardly believed my eyes because what I saw was my old childhood friend Selene!! Same cobalt hair, same dark blue eyes, only now she was wearing a black shirt with white jeans and white shoes as well as a white scarf around her neck.

"Selene, is that you?" I asked the girl to make sure it was her and sure enough, the girl stopped cautiously and asked me a question back.

"Chandra, is it really you and who's that you've got next to you?"

"Selene!! It is you and this is my little brother Christian, we are on a journey together because my parents want someone like me to go with him. So yeah. How've you been, it has been six years since I last saw you." I asked her after a long hug.

"Chandra, we don't have much time, you have to come with me so we can get somewhere safe," Selene told me in a tone of panache.

"Why?" I asked her as she grabbed my hand and I, in turn, grabbed Christian's hand.

"There is a group that wants you to use Arceus to make the world perfect."

"UH, I kinda already knew that when I got it.... Wait, how did you know I had Arceus?"

"I followed you a while back and saw you get Arceus."

I didn't believe her so I asked her to take me and my brother to a nearby covered clearing, which she did.

"Arcy, come out and help me know if my friend tells the truth," I said as I threw his pokéball into the air.

"Chandra, why have you shown me to your friend, I can understand to your brother but to her? Why?" Arcy said as he appeared before me, my brother, and Selene.

"I need to know if I can trust what Selene has said to me. I know you can talk to anyone even those without my special ability. Can you do this for me?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Selene, I am Arceus, creator of all Pokémon. I would like to know is why you know so much about me and my friend Chandra?" Archy said as Christian and I watched.

"Because I was the heir to their leader but not anymore. When I found out the Legendary Trainer was you, Chandra, I ran away after telling him that I'm going to the Johto Region to live with my old foster home, hopefully leading him away from you." Selene told him as I listened. I finally believed her. And so did Arcy.

"Sorry I ever doubted you, but I have to rescue my legendary friends who are in trouble somewhere in this region," I told her after another long hug.

"It's ok, I probably would have done the same thing and I will support you and protect you anyway I can."

"Chandra, does that mean she is joining our team?" Christian asked after I returned Arcy to his pokéball.

"Yes Christian, she is joining us and besides she might have some inside information that could be useful to us," I said to him with a smile and the sunset shone bright red and orange on the sky, telling me that we are going to camp here for tonight. It's a good thing I packed an extra tent.

"Good night Chandra and Selene."

"Good night Christian and Selene."

"Good night Chandra and Christian."

After that, we all drifted off into our dreams.

***************************************

Chandra: Arceus (Arcy), Chatot (Sunshine), Onix (Sassy), Tropius

Christian: Turtwig, Chatot (Sky), Tropius

***************************************

Sorry for the loooooooong pause, this is one of the reasons I HATE writer's block.