Fate 6

Hello! Sorry for the long wait, but it's Christmas, you know? :D

I hope you all enjoyed the festive season and hopefully you'll enjoy this!

@@@

RECAP:

"You're going to turn into a dog?" I cried.

He shook his head, and pointed to the new moon, "Nope."

 "Oh." 

We stood there for awhile, waist deep in water. 

"Can I have my arms back now please?" Kingsley questioned quietly, attempting to hide a smirk, but the moon light caught the glittering view. 

I hadn't realised I had been clutching on his arms, holding him to me in an almost vice grip lock. Quickly I let go and stumbled backward, tripping, his arms caught me again, and I found myself clutched tightly to his chest again, his face mere inches from mine.

Suddenly, his lips were on mine in a chaste kiss. 

Fate 6

Confusion was the first thing that flew through my mind.

Why would he be doing this? Hayden was his own brother!

Why am I still doing this? Hayden is my mate!

With a sudden pull, Kingsley was on the other side of the courtyard, his clothes soaked and sticking to his body. I opened my mouth, frowning, but was cut off when a deep growl filled the air. Slowly turning behind me, I saw Hayden. Only this Hayden was cold, fulll of hatred. His pupils had dilated and he was stuck in a defensive position, only a few feet behind me. Kingsley got up slowly, but kept crouched just like Hayden. 

  I couldn't find it in me to even utter a sound. I was so shocked. How did Hayden get here? What was going to happen? Ugh. I hated questions. Not realising the pain-filled groan had acctually escaped my lips, Hayden tensed, giving me a brief look before he crouched and lunged at Kingsley.

Only,  Kingsley was ready, and through a punch straight at Hayden. I squeaked at the crack and put my hands against my mouth. Hayden turned to me again, his nose busted and blood dripping down his chin. The sight of him made me blanch.

He growled. But this time, it was low and sinister, building, building up and up untill it was almost and animalistic howl. With a sudden snap, Hayden's body curled in on itself and his frame shifted to that of a large animal. A wolf.

Fear quickly swept through me, and I could feel myself drowning as I stared at the giant brown wolf snapping at Kingsley. Kingsley was also quick to match Hayden's wolf, with a light brown of his own. His eyes strayed slightly to me, and I gasped. They were exactly the same as when he was human, only larger and broader. 

    I remember when Mom used to talk about Sam, although with distaste, I knew she still felt something for the shifter. She said Sam could shift whenever he wanted, but only to the form of a dog. This was unlike Kingsley and Hayden, the two proud wolves that now circled eachother like two boxers in a ring. So there were different types of Shifters then? Did the moon acctually influence them? 

A bark hit my mind and I was suddenly aware of the wolves rolling on the ground, in an unfriendly embrace, trying to snap at eachother's neck. Were they really going for the kill? My eyes widened. What the Hell was I suppposed to do!?

'Nothing' Came Hayden's grunted reply in my mind.

'W-what?' I gasped before replying mentally.

'You do nothing!' Hayden hissed which caused me to recoil. Amongst his anger toward Kingsley and the fact that his wolf was so close to being in control, I felt a slight regret come from him.