Chapter 16-Where is your shirt?

Okay so the song I left for you guys doesn't go exactly with the chapter but it did inspire it. Tell me what you think of this chapter in the comments.

          I hit something solid so I stopped screaming. I waited for the pain that I expected to feel before my death. Or was death supposed to hurt at all? I expected to just stop thinking or something of that nature. I expected to see the light or something along the lines of that cheesy movie. I didn’t want to open my eyes to see the horrifying remains of what I once was. But once calmed my brain enough I started to feel something.

          I felt…wind!

          I opened my eyes and saw the scenery rush past me. The only magic I felt wasn’t from me and yet I was soaring. I turned my head to the right and instantly saw the ruffling of a forest green t-shirt. My eyes shot up to the face of Alex and I had to fight back a scream. What was he doing?

          We started to slow down and then we were perfectly still, suspended in the chilled air. I stared at him and noticed that his breathing was heavy.

          “You okay?” I asked. He snapped his head towards me and took a look. He seemed a little confused before giving me a grin and nodding.

          “Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” He grinned. The brunette’s expression turned serious as he asked, “What the hell happened? Why wasn’t Chris watching you?”

          “Can you please put me down?” I requested. He nodded again and started to drift back to the ground. I clung to him and saw that he was trying to hold back a smile. When he touched the ground he gently set me back on my feet. When he released me I had difficulty standing and started to fall. Before I could, Alex caught me and pulled me into him. My trembling fingers grasped onto the front of his shirt as I hid my face in his chest. His arms wrapped around me securely and it was the when my body started to go into shock.

          “I’m going to kill you,” Alex growled before releasing me and stalking away. After nearly collapsing, I went from dazed to concerned in a heartbeat. I looked around and saw his body radiating anger towards his best friend.

          Afraid was an understatement. Chris was visibly trembling but he stood firm.

          “Look mate, I’m sorry-” Chris started.

          “Damn right you should be sorry!” Alex bellowed. “She almost splattered against the ground! She would have died and all you can say is that you’re sorry?”

          “Look-”

          “No, I shouldn’t have been looking! That was your job,” Alex muttered. He suddenly spun around and stormed back into the house. Chris looked at me sheepishly before sighing. 

          “I guess you wouldn’t believe me if I said I hadn’t heard you,” he said. I shook my head a little. My arms wrapped around myself in an attempt to stop the shaking of my body. “I hadn’t noticed that you had gone up so high. I thought you were only a little bit higher than I was. You were falling insanely fast as well. There was no way I could have seen you, let alone catch you. But I guess that’s still no excuse.”

          “I understand,” I nodded. “I’m not mad, Chris. A little disappointed, maybe, but angry? No.” He came forward with his arms open. I took a step back and instantly saw hurt join the sorrow in his eyes. “I just need some time alone.”

          Then I turned around and walked back into the house. I walked past Skylar who was stand by the door and ignored her attempt to speak to me.