Chapter 7-I promise it will not end in sunshine and rainbows

This chapter is dedicated to AndreaJ123! Thanks for fanning and by the way you are a fantastic writer I can't wait for your next upload.

To the right is sort of what Mia's eyes do when she uses magic. The dark blue color floods in through the pupil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doe.

Run.

Faster.

Wolves.

Dead.

No.

Those thoughts and ones similar to them flooded my mind and pushed me further through the forest. I could feel the sweat running down my forehead and splash onto my shirt.

I have no idea how but I could feel the doe and where it was heading. I knew it had stopped so I pushed myself those last two-hundred yards running faster than ever before, as if I were as light as a feather.

I slowed to a stop and lowered myself into a large basin area of the forest floor that was no longer able to support itself. Moss and tree roots covered the area with dead leaves laying gracelessly on them. The doe looked around the place taking in its surroundings before lazily looking at me.

“What did you do to them?” I snapped, my voice sounding so different I could hardly tell it was my own. When it looked at me confused I grew angry. “Look, I know you understand me, so talk.”

“I think you are looking for me,” rang a new voice over to my left. My eyes snapped to the doe I had seen in my dream emerged from the shadows. She was an ordinary looking doe but the aura she had pointed her out to me.

“What did you do to the wolves? Where are they?” I yelled my voice growing louder by the syllable. “Tell me!”

“Now, now, child, that is no way to talk to someone such as I,” she said mockingly. “But to answer your questions, I haven’t done anything, yet. I was thinking that maybe you could bring them here for me.”

“What?” My voice came out in a breathless manner. Anger built up in me and my heart pounded against my chest. “No! I am not going to let you near them! Just who do you think you are?”

“A demon, stupid witch.” Her beady eyes held a sharp look. The doe glared at me for a moment before saying, “And I always get what I want.”

Before I could register the words she lunged at me, hooves pointed dangerously. The next was all a blur. Words passed through my mind some I said aloud the others just in my head. Every unfamiliar word rolled off my tongue as if I had been saying it for years. I knew everything, it was so natural: my movements and my words. I remember ducking and jumping gracefully from each strike from the doe. My own attacks hit the doe and the earth around me seemed to join in with the fight. My breathing stopped when I was no longer fighting the doe, but a black, shadowed figure.

I quickly recovered and I fought as it continued to attack. Suddenly it had me pinned to the mossy ground looming over me. I looked into icy, coal black eyes that seemed to never end. I felt something for that I hadn’t truly felt in a long time- I was afraid.

The word Alex had once told me slipped into my mind quietly. A smirk trimmed its way across my face and stayed for a while. My lips moved and my voice came out with a clear, “Aeris.”

The doe flew so far it beat Alex by a longshot. If he were watching I knew he would be proud of my magic.

It rose from the floor and shook itself off- then it was gone. I looked around confused completely sure it wasn’t done yet. A rustle of leaves from above me caught my attention. Craning my neck up I quickly braced myself for being smashed into the ground by the dark being. Before I was hit, I suddenly curled away from the object pushing on my left side until I was completely out of the path of the falling monster.