Chapter 11-In Bed,I'm the Devil

Okay lovelies a new chapter is here in time for Halloween. This chapter has a bit of excitement and has some new characters. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~         

          Knock. Knock.

          I looked up from the book I was reading and towards the door. “Who is it?” I called.

          “Chloe,” a gently voice replied sweetly.

          “Come in,” I smiled. I hopped off my bed and stepped closer towards the door. The door opened slowly and Chloe peered her head in gradually. When she saw me the door swung open all the way. She came into the room leaving the door open. We greeted each other formally, sitting together on the bed. She told me that my father said she would be able to stay as long as she liked. But then I turned the topic to another matter.

          “Chloe, how long was Parker beating you?” I asked. She face dimmed and she looked away from me. I gazed at her sternly, “Chloe?”

          “He doesn’t mean it, okay? I do something wrong and then he gets mad!” she cried desperately.

          “What did you do ‘wrong’ that one day in the alley?”

          “I didn’t kiss him when he asked me to,” she whispered.

          “That’s it,” I declared standing up. “Excuse me, Chloe; I need to kick a sick, twisted inhuman-being’s ass.”

          “Amelia, no! It’s okay, I’m fine,” she assured me, holding onto my arm. “You know what? I should go and apologize to him,” she ranted heading for the door. I quickly lunged for her, wrapping one arm around her waist and pulled her back.

          “No, honey, I know you care about him and all but he hurt you,” I told her softly. She continued to pull and started dragging me with her. “Damn, you’re strong.”

          “You don’t understand! That’s not him!” she yelled, swinging the door open.

          “I don’t even know him well and I can tell that that’s complete and utter bullsh-”

          “Uh, hello,” some greeted us, sounding very concerned. I whipped my head around and looked into a curious pair of green eyes. He had a jacket slung over his shoulder and he had his black hair spiked up like it usually was.

          “Hi, Chrissy,” I welcomed. Over the past few weeks, that was the nickname I had chosen for him. It was never rejected nor excepted so it remains un-neglected. “What’s up?”

          “I’m heading to a friend’s house. What are you up to?” He said slowly.

          “Oh, sounds exciting. Nothing much for me though; just trying to stop Chloe from apologizing and getting back together with Mitchell Parker.”

          Chris stepped forward and Chloe’s eyes filled with fear. Her blue-green eyes began to tear up and she let out a bloodcurdling scream. Quickly, I pushed Chris away from her and embraced her, stroking her hair and whispering calming words to her. Suddenly, the door next to Chris’ burst open. Out popped a very startled and very determined Alex with a wild head of hair. When he spotted Chris, who was across the door frame from where I was with Chloe, he grabbed his friend by the shoulders and looked him straight in the eye and said, “Chris, where is Mia? Is she injured? Why did I hear her scream? Oh god, I need to go find her.”