Zombie Mom

-- Seans POV --

And there we stood. Thrown out of our base, with only back pack, a wounded man, and a slightly less wounded lady.

Geez, we were screwed.

I looked over to Marzia, and saw the look in her eyes. The look I'm talking about is when the teacher says you had homework, but you never knew there was homework. That kinda look. The 'my life is over look'. The 'I'm screwed look'. The 'please just kill me now' look. You know what I'm talking about.

Jack was propped up between Marzia and I. We had bandaged his wound, and disinfected it to our best ability. I hoped we could make.

"So what now..." I said, looking up to the sky. We had no plan, five bullets for our Glock, and no food. No place to go, and we had no idea if our friends were even alive still.

"Hey! Wait!" A voice called, and footsteps ran towards us.

"Nicole?" I called, twisting my head around to see who was running towards us. "Nicole! What are you doing here?"

The girl shrugged, "I ditched them." She said simply.

"Alright then... I guess your coming with us?" I asked.

"I guess so." Nicole affirmed, nodding her head.

"Great." Marzia mumbled, a little grumpy.

So that was that. Nicole was with us for as long as we survived.

-- Shanes POV --

Lisa and I grabbed my mom, and ran for the truck. It was the one I had traded in for my previous car. We tossed her into the back, and Lisa hopped in with her. I got into the dirvers seat, and rammed the keys into the slot. We whipped out of my driveway, going faster than I had ever gone in my life, towards the clearest path. We raced down one street, then another. We neared the city. That would be the right placde to go right? The military would be swarming the place, helping us take shelter. Surely they could fix up my mom. I made a right turn and saw possibly one of the worst things I could see at the moment...

Hordes, and hordes, of zombies. Imagine a One Direction concert, add a Justin Bieber concert, and add VidCon. Times that by 45, and thats the amount of zombies standing in front of my truck.

In sync, they all turned their drooping heads towards the truck. The first one, grunted, and started shambling towards us. I backed up the car, and the tires sqeauled as I made one big U-Turn. I rammed into one with the rear, resulting in a scratch on my car, that I'd never be able to get rid of with the state LA was in right now. I really doubt that a mechanic will welcome me, my girlfriend, and injured mother in with his or her's arms wide open.

I drove down the street, not knowing where I was going. I zig and zagged, looking for a relatively empty place. I pulled up in front of a empty, but secure looking Starbucks.

"Shane?" Lisa called.

I got out of the car, and walked over to the cargo part of the car where Lisa was tending to my mom.

"I think... I think she's... Dying..." She spoke. Lisa's hands were covered in the red liquid that could only be identified as blood, or a very thin cranberry sauce. And from the gaping wound on my moms shoulder, I knew it was not the second option.

"Fucking fuck!" I hopped into the back, and held mom tight. "Fucking fuck, mom..." I whispered.

Don't cry Shane, don't cry...

Here come the tears..

My mom grunted.

"Ahhrggh?" She mumbled, reaching up to my face.

"Mom..." I cried, "Don't die, please don't die..."

And that's when she leaned in with speed only a jungle cat could muster.

[Authors Note]

Here is the new chapter, sorry it's short and took so long. Just some issues and stuff. I'm gonna try and update by New Years, you guys deserve it.

Does anyone remember the Questions video I said I would make? Well, I'm seriously filming it this time over the weekend, so send in your questions.

-Isabelle

[Unedited]