Chapter 7: A New Friend

---Ian's POV---

Sacramento had quickly become a scene straight out of a horror film, but even scarier.

Melanie, Anthony and I were in the back seat, watching the the dead people shuffling as we zipped by.. Ant by the window, curled in a ball, probably thinking about Kalel. I was glad to still have my girlfriend, but didn't want to rub it Anthony's face, so we were cuddling quietly, pulling apart every rare moment he looked at us. Toby was driving, and Pewdie was staring at his phone. I could see from the reflection in the glass he was on twitter, Marzia's icon reflected softly on the window. I could hear Felix sniffle, and Toby swerve the car off the road, and around a road block. He was a pretty good driver.

About 10 minutes later, we pulled into a deserted looking suburban area, with all the windows and entrances boarded up. We chose the first house, 23 Tyre Road.

Toby turned off the engine.

"Do you guys wanna look for weapons or something? Maybe a better car. Food. Tents. I don't know." He suggested. He had lost the silly tone his voice usually carried, and it was eerie hearing him without it.

"I'll go." Pewds spoke.

"Same." Anthony mumbled. He hasn't spoken for a bit, so his voice was all cracky. So they just got out, popped the trunk, grabbed their weapons and went in.

---Anthony's POV ---

As Pewds and I whacked away the wooden boards on the door, I could hear some faint groans from inside. Probably one of those bitch ass fire trucks from hell who bit my girlfriend! And probably our cat too! I swung more and more furiously and my hockey stick broke in half. And so did the doorknob. Pewdie ripped one of the boards off, allowing is entrance. I sighed, and grabbed my knife, walking in with Pewds following behind me.

One of those awful corpses staggered out in front of me, its face was absolutely nasty. It had no eyes, so it sniffed the air. I pushed it back as it started smashing his teeth wildly for my flesh and.... Stabbed. He was dead.

For the second time.

---Pewdies POV---

On Marzia's twitter she had said she was at a hotel. That was her last tweet, so maybe we could go back to the hotel and find her. I hope I can. I pushed back some boxes as Anthony strayed away in a different direction. I heard some more rustling coming from what I guess used to be a living room.

Get it? Living room. It's a undead apocalypse. Heheh.

"And then, hearing noises approaching (probably one of those zombies), I hoist myself higher up into the chimney..." Something mumbled from the chimney.

I walked over, hopping over the couch. "Ellos? Is anyone there?" I asked the air. "I won't hurt you."

"Swedish accent, possibly armed... Don't shoot!" The voice exclaimed, echoing through the chimney. I could tell it was a female's voice now.

Some rustling sounds came from the chimney, and a poof of dust came from the hearth. A girl emerged doing a ninja roll out of the dust cloud, then standing up perfectly straight right in front of me. "Hey human!" She started to say, then her unique grey-ish blue-ish green-ish eyes met my blue-ey-ish ones. She scanned my face quickly, her eyes darting all over me. Her mouth turned into a small O shape.

"P-p-Pewdie! Bro, Brofist!" She said, in a bit of a confusion. "Why are you here?" She quickly followed up. "Your supposed to be in Italy with Marzia! How'd you show up in the middle of zombie world? Did Anthony send you a distress signal? Oh! Oh! Did Cry send you one?! What about Ken?!" The excited bro held out her hand, curled into a brofist. I brofisted her.

"Yes, um.. I had a convention thingy, cuz I was there, no he sent me a text, I have no clue where Cry or Ken are." I mumbled back. She talked a bit too fast for me. Then Anthony walked in,

"Is everything Aiiiiiiiiggghhhhtt...?" He asked in a kinda goofy tone. "Hm, who's this?" He asked seeing the girl I had just stumbled upon.

"I'm Kate. But please, call me Cat." She said proudly.

Anthony frowned at cat. "Cat..." He whispered to himself, and stormed off away from the un-living room.

"His cat may be dead..." I explained.

"Kabuki? That's a shame..." She responded.

"And his girlfriend turned. So he's mourning." I explained again. "Try not to bring them up."

Kate nodded with agreement. "Is there any more people?"

"Yea, Tobuscus, and Ian and his girlfriend. Would you like to join us?" I ask.

"Being with a bunch of YouTubers beats living in a chimney any day! I'll get my stuff." Kate says quickly, a smile on her face. She turns, and starts going up the chimney. Seconds later, a floral and pink backpack falls out, quickly followed by a black bow and neon orange arrows, and a knife holder, and then Cat. "Oh, Btdubs, if you guys want a RV or something, down the road there's one with the keys still in." Cat informed.

So we found Anthony and got out of there.

---Toby's POV---

Ant and FeFe walked out with a stranger, who was wearing an soot covered Aeropostale zip up jacket, and some of those colored skinny jeans, but the colors were drowned out by dust. Her hair was a dusty/dirty blonde as well. The girl waved at me with a smile.

"Hai." She said walking up to me extending her hand. "I'm Kate, please, call me Cat."

I shook her hand. "Welllll... Cat. Do you know who I am?"

She nodded her head. "Toby Joe Turner, a.k.a Tobuscus!"

"No... I'm Bob Pickernell from Alaska!" I joked with a laugh. "Heh, but actually I'm Toby. Please call me 'His Epicness', or 'Toby', or 'Tobuscus'," then I looked to Pewds. "Or 'Buscusbrat', as FeFe likes to call me."

She also turned to Pewds. "FeFe?" She said then started laughing.

And we laughed. Then Pewds, then Anthony joined in last with a small chuckle.