Chapter 23 - Seven Minutes In Heaven

Patrick's POV

It's been a few hours since the massive dance pit thing that went down for the last song of the night, followed by the super cheesy, super long, super gay hug with Pete. I feel a better connection with him after tonight, and it's pretty comforting actually.

Once other guests of the dance had went home, a group of people stayed behind to help clean up, but also stayed for the afterparty thing Hayley, Lynn and some girl named Taylor had been planning. I remember Lynn being super excited in class one day when Hayley had brought it up, she scared the crap out of me when she yelled out unexpectedly. So, here we are now though. The wide spaced room trashed with popped balloons, stranded confetti, paper plates and styrofoam cups. All the classic party things you could imagine, sprawled across the stage and floor. It was honestly such an amazing night. And to think I almost didn't come. I'm actually glad Pete had convinced me to join in, it turned out with some great results. Heck yeah I was anxious half the time, but I guess it's nice to stretch out of my comfort zone every so often.

So now, for this afterparty thing, Brendon has a "surprise game" planned. I'm half excited, half dreading what it will be, knowing the kinda stuff Brendon comes up with. He explains the rules and how it all works, and it reminds me of those classic teenage sleepover movies where they all play kiss the bottle and end up being coupled up by the end of the night. It seems endearing, but also nerve racking at the same time. But despite nerves, I take a go at it anyway.

"Alright you guys, ready to pick the first two victims?" Brendon chimes in with a suspicious grin once everyone understands the layout of everything. He reaches his pale hand into one of the now empty snack bowls, which is filled with pieces of paper, each one bearing a name of someone in the room. I wait hesitantly, my heartbeat pounding in my ears.

'What are the chances of it being me out of all these people? Highly doubtful I would say.' I tell myself, trying to calm myself. I knew I had put my name in, and I thought it would be a good way to kind of get to know some more people. Now, new regrets are dawning on me.

"Gerard!" Brendon calls out. Gerard walks up to Brendon, leaving a pouty Frank behind. "And your partner...Andrew M." Brendon calls out the second name. I guess there's multiple Andrews here.

'Oh boy, got through round one.' I tell myself, thankful my name wasn't picked, at least in the first round.

A boy around the same height as Gerard comes to the center, not seeming familiar with Gerard but being polite in greeting anyway. They nod a hello, then Brendon confirms the rules with them. They head to the designated room, similar to the one we were practicing our song in earlier, then Brendon starts a timer once they shut the door.

I look back around the room, seeing Frank in a corner with his arms crossed and looking slightly anxious and still pouting. A taller boy with big, fluffy dirty blonde hair walks over to greet him, kind of shy but waving a polite hello. Frank turns to him, his face lightening a little and soon they're off in conversation. The taller boy seems to be explaining something, blushing as he does so. Frank nods in understanding and seems to be more comfortable now.

Brendon's timer dings, meaning seven minutes are up. Brendon knocks on the door, then Gerard and the other boy head out, looking just the same as they did when they went inside. Frank rushes to Gerard's side, while the boy who was talking to Frank stays put, but waves to the other boy, Andrew.

"So, what did you guys do. You didn't kiss right, Sisky told me Andrew was his boyfriend so you guys totally wouldn't do that would you?" Frank rambles off. Gerard kisses the top of Frank's head with a small laugh, then strokes the shorter boy's black hair.