Chapter 10 - Crazy=Genius

Pete's POV

The final bell of the day rings and everyone rushes out of their seats. Patrick and I don't have the same last class, so we usually just meet in the halls on our way out.
Today was different though, we didn't meet in the halls, in fact we almost didn't meet up until I nearly tripped over him coming out of the bathroom.
"Woah sorry kid. Oh, Patrick!" I say, realizing the boy I tripped over was my crush.
"Oh, hey Pete. No worries. Nice of you to drop in." He says blushing, making the same joke I did when we first met. I blush too as he remembered my dumb joke, then allow a small smile to my face. He smiles softly too, sending butterflies into my stomach. "Oh and about Ryan earlier, I don't know what that was, he's just acting really weird around me but I don't even like him and I didn't want you to think-"
"Patrick it's okay. If you like Ryan that's fine, if you like someone else, that's fine too." I cut his fast paced speaking in attempts to comfort him. He looks at the ground for a split second then back up at me, his stunning blue eyes locked with mine.
"Alright thanks. I actually do like someone else." He mutters, his cheeks growing red. My eyes widen as I get a glimmer of hope that it might be me, but I highly doubt it.
"Oh. That's cool." I reply with a cheeky smile.
"Yeah."
We stand there for a few seconds before Brendon comes running down the hall and nearly crashes into me. "Pete we gotta go right now, your house." Brendon stumbles out, not in a terrified kind of voice or in the voice like he just set a milk carton on fire and threw it in the trash, but more of a panicked and hurt voice, shaking like he's on the verge of tears.
"Yikes, I gotta go but I'll catch you tomorrow, Donnie." I say quickly.
"Uh, it's Patrick." He replies slightly confused.
"Yes I know that, 'Trick, I was making a pun." I say with a wink. He smiles then waves as Brendon drags me out the door, the two of us running to my house in a flash.
We arrive and I bang open the door, then we storm up the stairs with heavy breaths. I sit on my bed and try to catch my breath as Brendon slams my room door shut. He turns around to face me, his cheeks red and eyes glistening. I pat a spot next to me on my bed for him to sit, which he willingly does so. He leans into my shoulder and I gently ruffle his hair.
"Fuck. Fuck fuck FUCK." He mumbles in a shaky voice. "FUCK RYAN, I THOUGHT WE HAD A THING GOING BUT THEN HE FUCKING KISSES PATRICK? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" He shouts, trying desperately to hold back sobs. "And he has to be so damn cute too."
"I'm so sorry Bren, crushes really suck when they don't like you back."
"Damn right. Agh this is so infuriating. It's going to be so fucking hard to get over this. I'm so damn crazy over him. I can't even describe it. I've held it in for so long and now it's all building up so fast and now I feel like I'm gonna explode. If I was as smart as I am crazy over him I'd probably end up a rocket scientist. Ha, that sounds like a cool song. I guess there's still a positive to trying to get over someone. Just write a shit ton of songs about them." Brendon rants. I just listen intently and try and give him all the support I can.
"YES THAT SOUNDS SICK! You should totally write more songs. Writing songs about people are also super cool." I reply, getting pumped up about music. Which then leads me to remember what I had planned to work on when I got home. "Oh speaking of writing stuff for people, you wanna hear somethin I've been working on." I say, still slightly nervous about showing anyone anything I've written. If I was going to show anyone though, my first pick would definitely be Brendon.
"Hell yes!" He pipes up, his mood already lifting.
I get out my bass and hook it up to the amp, adjusting the volume and such. I take a deep breath then pick at the strings, missing the right sound for the first few notes, then starting over again. I finally get the groove of my song again, and the beat picks up. I then lead into the first verse, but I don't sing any of the lyrics I've written out. After a few more seconds, I stop and look back at Bren.
"Holy shit that sounds so cool! Do you have lyrics yet?" He asks excitedly. I hesitate before answering, then slide him the lyric sheet with a cringe.
"It's a work in progress." I say. He skims them real fast then gives me a smirk.
"I see what's been on your mind lately." He says with a win. I roll my eyes and position my hands to play again. I hit the intro beat and go into the chorus again, surprised when I hear Brendon attempt at spitting out the lyrics.
"You always fold just before you're found out, drink up, it's last call, last resort but only the first mistake..." Brendon sings, the beat and tune not quite what I had imagined, but it sounds good.
"Wow that sounds great. You should totally sing more often." I reassure him.
"You should totally write songs more often. Not bad, Pete." He replies, smiling.
"Right back at you." I say, winking.
"So what's this called anyway?" Brendon asks after a few seconds of silence.
"Oh, uh, I don't know. I don't have much of it done yet." I explain.
"Ah gotcha. Well it's pretty cool so far. Really makes me wanna dance, you know?"
"Oh yeah, I totally get those vibes." I agree. As I put my bass away I'm oblivious to Brendon reading other pages of lyrics until I turn around and nearly grab the papers from his hand.
"Hey. Private stuff." I say, half serious and half joking. Brendon rolls his eyes but respects my request and hands the papers back to me. "So anyway, how you feeling now?" I ask, still checking in on his emotions.
"Eh, still pretty shitty about Ryan, but now I've got some inspiration to write a few lyrics." He smirks.
"Nice!" I say, reaching into my desk to grab a stuffed toy. "Gopher it!" I say, thrusting the stuffed gopher in his direction. I don't even know why I have a gopher plushie, but I guess it comes in handy for times like these.
"My god your puns are terrible." Brendon replies observing the stuffed toy before throwing it back at me. This continues for a few minutes, and then Brendon hits a lamp and sends it flying off my desk. "Whoops, I guess he really went for it."
"Or you could say he Wentz for it." I throw back. Brendon rolls his eyes again and proceeds to picking up the fallen lamp. He places is back on the desk, then pretends to make it talk by moving its shade. "Help, I've fallen and I lamp get up."
"Okay these are terrible."
"Yes I agree. I'm BrenDONE with making puns." Brendon says as I nearly piss myself. I playfully kick his leg and he returns with a small punch to my arm.
"Well I'm BrenDONE with you. If you can't hang, then there's the door, baby if you can't hang, then there's the door."

AN: Woohoo another chapter fairly close to posting the previous one! I didn't quite know how to end this chapter, so it's just sort of cut off at the end but I guess it works xP anyway, make sure to vote for this chapter if you liked it, also comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks (Pete)!