Chapter 21 - Bring It!

Pete's POV

"You guys were amazing!" Hayley says enthusiastically, hugging us as we leave the stage. Lynn stands next to her with a pleased grin.

"That song was lit! You guys killed it." She says.

"Thank you, thank you. It was a team effort." Joe replies. He ruffles Andy's long hair, gaining a small smile from the shorter boy.

"Thanks you guys." Patrick says with a slight blush.

"I told you you'd do great." I say to Patrick.

"We all did great." He says in return.

"Yeah, we really nailed it." Leaving the instruments on stage for whichever act wants to go next, we depart from the scene of the music, blending into the rest of the crowd in search of some of our other friends. I spot Brendon's group of the night over in a corner sitting in what i'm assuming was an attempt at a circle. I send him a wave, which he notices and returns, standing up to greet me, as well as Andy, Patrick and Joe.

"Damn that song was great! Patrick, you have an amazing voice! You all slayed the instruments. It worked together really well!" Brendon exclaims, talking in his usual fast paced tone.

"Thanks man." I reply. "So, uh, what are you guys doing?" I ask, now observing the setting. Also in the circle sits Frank, Gerard, a boy I don't know too well but I know to be Dallon, and another face I'm not so familiar with, but I know he talks to Brendon a bit.

"We're playing truth or dare. How classic, I know. But it's really fun! You should join us." Brendon explains. I look to my other three friends, seeing if they're up for the game, in which they nod and we all sit down.

"Oh, hi! I'm Spencer by the way." The boy I didn't know too well says as I sit down. He reaches across the way to shake my hand, then Patrick, Andy, and Joe's.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Pete." I reply.

"Hi, I'm Patrick."

"Andy."

"I'm Joe. Pleasure."

"So, we all know each other now, right?" Brendon asks, receiving nods from all of us. "Alright, let's get back into this. Who's turn is it?"

"Uh, Dallon's I think." Spencer says. Dallon clears his throat, looking at the circle to see who to ask next.

"Okay Spence, truth or dare?" Dallon asks Spencer.

"Hmm. Truth."

"Lemme think. How far have you gone with Linda?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. Spencer blushes the question, hesitating before answering.

"Not sex, if that's what you want to know. Our relationship is still developing, we've only made out so far." Spencer replies. Brendon seems to have a look of disappointment as if he wanted to hear some juicy facts, but seems approving of the answer.

"Damn we got a straight here. That's a first." Frank says, popping into conversation.

"Eh, I could swing both ways, but this one girl's really got my heart right now." Spencer smirks.

"Whatever floats your boat, my dude. Girls are pretty hot. And feminine boys. And masculine boys. And... okay enough about me." Frank realizes he's rambling and stops himself.

"'K Spencer, your turn to ask." Gerard says, the mom friend of the group that keeps things going.

"Hmmmm. Frank, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Frank replies almost immediately.

"Ooooh, taking the dare." I say, seeing the glimmer of enthusiasm and adrenaline in Frank's facial features. He winks at me, then we all anticipate Spencer's dare.