Chapter 8 - It's Better If You Do

Pete's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night, checking the clock to see it read 4:11 am. Shit. School in 2 hours. I roll onto my side, pulling the blankets up to my bare collar bones. I shift my legs, feeling a hard erection in my underwear. Now that I think of it, I was deep in sleep and dreaming about things. Certain things, with certain people. Crap that sounds creepy. But it's true.
I groan in annoyance then get out of bed, the cold clinging to my bare body as I only sleep in my underwear. I head to the bathroom, grabbing my phone on the way. I check any notifications, hoping for a text from Patrick or something, but then realizing I didn't even give him my number. I have multiple from Brendon, and I roll my eyes as I read through them.

12:03 am: hey, you awake?
12:47 am: helloooooo
1:33 am: bro did you die?
2:14 am: sorry, I just can't sleep. Bored as fuck. Text me later
4:01 am: BITCH WAKE THE FUCK UP I NEED TO TALK TO YOU
4:04 am: meet me like an hour before school under the cork tree

I sigh and I pull up his chat, my fingers moving slow as they press the letter buttons.

4:13 am: ok mert u there
wats th rush?

I type out the message, shortening words and making a few spelling mistakes but I'm sure he'll get it. Within a seconds time, he messages back

Camisado Kid (he entered his contact, not me) 4:14 am: I have some things I want to talk about ;) and want your opinion

Me: k sounds good :D

I don't get how he types so well, all of us have these shit phones with tiny ass buttons and no spell check. But I guess making faces with letters and punctuation is cool, they turn into cool little faces. I really like the little faces. (AN: MEME PETE AF)

I hop in the shower, wash up and change into my clothes for the day. I let my hair dry, then heat up my straightener (not like it ever works, every day I still wake up bisexual af) then swing into my regular routine. I slip on a pair of black skinny jeans, then straighten out the ends of my hair, standing shirtless in front of the mirror. I've always thought a tattoo right above my crotch would look cool as hell. Maybe I'll get one someday. I pull out my black pencil eyeliner, pulling down my eyelid and rubbing it around my eye in a line as straight as me. Looking at my finished product, I smirk and put the makeup away. I then pick up the hot straightener, running it over every inch of my charcoal colored hair. My layered bangs lay in front of my face, draping over my eye as they fall down, freshly pressed. I flip my hair to the side, keeping it straight and somewhat fluffed but not ruining the flat appearance.

Now I've spent half an hour getting ready, it's nearly 5 am. School starts at 6:50, so I might as well head over now to meet Bren so we have some time to talk about his 'stuff.'
I grab what I need for school and shove it my backpack, write a quick note for my mom and leave it on the kitchen counter. I quietly head out the door, bag slung over my shoulder as I fumble through the contents for my MP3 player and earbuds. Jamming the earbud jack into the slot, I scroll around my downloads and attempt at select a Green Day song, the music filling my ears instantly. I walk down the block, turning on Gerard Way, passing Winona High, and heading to the cork tree that Brendon and I hang out at and where he had planned to meet.

A few songs later and a readjustment of my hair, I arrive at the designated meeting area, peering my eyes through the dim lit morning in search of Brendon. I walk over to the large cork tree in the corner of the park, spotting a dark haired figure behind the trunk, facing away from me. I take out my earbuds and shove my music player into my bag and quietly approach the tree, trying not to make noise so Brendon doesn't notice my arrival.

"HEY BREN!" I shout, launching my arms at his shoulders from behind. He jumps up from his position, turning around in terror and running a few feet from the tree trunk.

"HOLY SHIT GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" He shouts, not realizing it was me that scared him.

"Bren, it's me." I say, walking into clear view of him.