Chapter 9 - This Was No Accident

Patrick's POV

I turn around as I hear fast paced footsteps in the hallway, resulting in my hand sending a thick line of graphite across the random page of lyrics I was working on. I then see, oh what was his name, Ryan I think, run through the classroom door. He stops abruptly with a flushed face as he notices everyone looking at him. I meet his eyes for a second, noticing how vibrant brown they are, then break away from the stare. I slowly shift back to my regular seating position as Ryan slithers into his seat in my row.

I work my way with eraser to try and salvage what I can of the words drawn through them, but I guess it's still readable even with a giant line through it all. Lifting my pencil from the paper, I sit back a little and rest my arm.

"Sorry." I hear a voice mumble from around me. I look up to see who said it, then lock eyes with Ryan as he stares at me. Man what is up with him and staring? It's kind of giving me the creeps. He breaks from my gaze and instead looks intently at his desk. "Sorry." He says again, confusing me.

"Uh, why...are you sorry?" I ask.
"You didn't know? You didn't see me sneaking up on you and spying through your window?" He admits, guilt in his voice.

"What? No, I didn't see you. But why were you watching me?" I reply, still confused but now also surprised, almost scared of what other things he's capable of. He's such a mysterious kid, way more than what I bargained for.

"Oh, uh, no reason." He stutters. I raise my eyebrow at him, the question still unanswered. "I just admire your lyrics, and uh, it interests me hearing you sing in the morning..." Ryan slowly admits, his cheeks turning bright red. I feel my face going hot, thinking of all the things he could've seen while watching me, and thinking of how long he was there for.

"Uh, thanks for the admiration? But that's sort of invading my privacy, don't you think? We can walk to school together in the morning if you want though." I explain, trying to get my point across but not be rude.

"Yes I definitely agree, I'm very sorry." He apologizes again. There's silence between us, then he looks over my shoulder at my page of lyrics. "Your lyrics are really great though, and so is your voice." He attempts at breaking the awkward silence.

I suddenly feel his warm breath on my neck, realizing how close he is to me. Before I can even move away, I feel his soft lips pressed against the sensitive skin of my collarbone.

And then Brendon and Pete barge in to save the day.

With their sudden entry, Ryan darts away from me, back into his seat, and I turn away from looking at him, shrugging my shoulders as if to erase what just happened. In a rush, Ryan gets out of his seat and runs out the door, nudging a teary eyed Brendon and a wide-mouthed Pete. I look back at my lyric page, then crumble it into a ball, realizing it's shit anyway. Pete and Brendon go to their seats, and now I just sit in silence.

AN:
WOOHOO I FINALLY UPDATED !!
So this was a bit of a plot twist I came up with to add some more interesting stuff into the story.
Updating this story also reminds me of Death of a Bachelor, bc an update of his a while back had a note at the end screaming about the NEW release of Emperor's New Clothes, AND NOW IM UPDATING AND THE FULL ALBUM IS OUT BLESS!! Now I have more song lyrics to make puns out of throughout this story)