Chapter 13

I turned away from Ray. Looking at him was the last thing I wanted to do. Why cant he just, leave? The doctor walked in after what seemed like an eternity of silence and silent tears.

"Mrs. Cotten." I looked up.

"Yes?" I sat up.

"I have good news and some not so good news. Which would you rather hear?"

"Good."

"Well, you arent pregnant." I sighed of relief, so did Ray. "Bad news, you do have a slight hint of food poisoning."

"Food poisoning?"

"Yes ma'am. Have you eaten at this new Moroccan restaurant by the boardwalk by any chance?"

"Yes sir."

"And did you order any seafood products?"

"Yes."

"Well, 5th case this week. I'll just give you something for your vomiting and pain, write a prescription for you and you'll be right on your way. "

"Thank you."

With that being said, he left. After a while a nurse came in and gave me some medicine. I looked at Ray who had fell asleep and smiled little. Lookin like a baby.

The doctor walked back in and handed me my papers. "Now make sure you stay hydrated little lady. Water, gatorade, apple or orange juice. You understand?" I shook my head yes and stood up. "Go get you some rest. Have a good one." With that, he left.

I tapped Ray. "Baby, we can leave now. " He opened his eyes "hmm?" "Lets go home." He stood up and stretched, grabbed my hand and we walked to the car.

"You hungry?" We were leaving the parking lot. "No." "Do you need anything?" "No, we have everything at the house. He told me to keep myself hydrated and get some rest. Thats it." "Okay. When we get home, you go straight to the room and get out of those clothes. I'll go and get you some soup." I looked at him. "I dont want soup. I just wanna lay down with you." "You dont have to eat the soup when you get home, im going to get it so i wont have to go back out later." "Okay." I turned my phone back on and started getting hella messages. I sighed. "Whats wrong?" "Nothin I just dont feel like replying to everybody." "Lemme see your phone." I handed it to him and he turned it off and put it in his pocket. "I'll let them know later. You relax."

"So what was running through your mind when the doctor came back with the test results?" I waited on an answer. After a minute or so he spoke. "Well i was relieved. Cause we're young. We arent ready for a child. But i was also a little upset, cause when i actually thought about it, i thought about my dream when we were in Miami and though about Nyla. That was only for a split second though. I know we'll have her when the time is right. Im not going to make you a teenage mother especially at 17. I will not let you be a statistic. But overall, im content with it, because we have a lot to look forward to. I want to get married before a kid."

All i could do was smile. He'd said a mouthful. I felt the same way. We got to the house and went inside. The kids we're so happy to see us.

"Are you okay?!"

"Whats wrong?!"

"Did they give you a shot?"

It was too many things at once. I laughed "Yes I'm okay. I didnt get a shot, but they did take blood to run tests. Nothing is wrong, just a little food poisoning. I will be fine. But Ray says I gotta go get out these clothes and get some rest."

"And dont go bothering her. She needs all the rest she can get." He looked at NayNay and KayKay. I walked upstairs and Ray went into the kitchen where ma was. The kids went back into the game room to finish their movie.