His sister

This is my Watty Award Entry! Please vote!

***

One blonde girl, aged eighteen walked through the forest. Her blue eyes darted around, looking for signs of dangers, anything. She gripped her flute tighter and her lips parted in a silent cry. She hoped her brother gotten her letter.

"Nii-san!" The young girl screamed, held captive by her brother's pursuers. How she wished she could grab her flute.

Her brother turned back, eyes widening. "Kiko! I'll save you, un!" Throwing the clay he had been knead with his hand mouths, the clay exploded. "Now that is art!"

Over at the akatsuki, Deidara reread the letter his younger sister sent him. He took note of the date she wrote that she would be coming and then shouted, "Leader-sama, un! My sister's joining Akatsuki!"

"... Kiko?" The smoke cleared and revealed Kiko huddled with her hands over her head and the pursuers dead on the ground. Kiko's mouth opened but no words came out.

"What's wrong, un?"

Kiko opened and closed her mouth as tears poured down.

Her voice had been gone since then.

Pein pursed his lips together. "Sister?"

"I didn't know you had a sister, Deidara," Konan said.

Deidara laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, well, I mean, she was studying, un."

"Studying?" Kisame's eyebrow rose.

Deidara's happy mood immediately dropped. "When I was fleding my village, some pursuers got her. I threw my clay at them and I guessed I scared my sister as the next thing I knew it, she was mute."

That sentence was enough to stun the Akatsuki members into silence. It was Sasori who broke it.

"I told you your pathetic excuse of art is useless," Sasori scoffed. "You scared your own sister until she can't speak."

"Hey! My explosions are art! Art is a bang, un!" Deidara's face droop again. "I didn't think that Kiko would be so scared..."

"Please fucking tell me she isn't anything like you," Hidan said.

"I cannot take another arrogant bomber," Itachi muttered.

"No," Deidara frowned. "That's what scares me, un. She's nothing like me. She doesn't have explosion release and-."

"Thank Kami," Pein injected, irritated with the constant damage of the hideout due to Deidara.

"Her jutsus are mainly from her flute," Deidara continued. "She said she would be here around this time, un. But I'm not sure where she is, un..."

"If she's mute," Kisame said. "How does she communicate?"

Deidara broke into a grin. "Sign language, un! I learnt it as well."

"I do too," Sasori suddenly said.

Deidara stared. "You do?"

Sasori nodded. "Hm. I had picked it up on an occasion before."

"... Those with the sharingan knows sign language as well," Itachi said.

Deidara scowled. "That cheap excuse of true power of an art? Well, my explosions; my art shall truimph over your eyes one of these days, Itachi! I shall-"

"Kiko shall be placed in a team with Deidara and Sasori," Pein injected quickly, feeling an oncoming headache. "Go find her, you two."

***