Jealous•C Evans

One-shot inspired by "Jealous" by Beyoncé. Enjoy!

I'm in my penthouse half-naked
I cooked this meal for you naked
So where the hell you at
Just one shot left of this drink, in this glass
Don't make me break it
I wish that you were me
So you could feel this feeling
I never broke one promise, and I know when
You're not honest
Now you got me yelling that's because I'm
Jealous

You were at home waiting for your boyfriend of 5 years to come home. Tonight was your anniversary and you wanted to surprise him. It was already 11pm. The wine bottle was almost gone. He's going to be late again. *sigh* Might as well just go take all this off and go to bed. You had gotten all dolled up for the evening but you knew Chris was out probably with one of his exes he told you not to worry about.

If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous
If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous

When Chris and you started going out at first. You made promises to each other. One of them being that there would be no one or anything to interrupt your relationship. Sadly, that promise was broken along with a few other ones.

Sometimes I want to walk in your shoes
Do the type of thing that  I never ever do
I take one look in the mirror and I say to
Myself
Baby girl you can't survive like this

Take it one step further
Freakum dress out my closet
Yonce fillin out this skirt
I look damn good, I ain't lost it
And I ain't missed  a beat
Boy you been hanging out at night
Tonight I'm staying out til tomorrow
Dancing on them tables ain't got no cares, no sorrow
I ran into my ex
Said what up to his besties
Now we reminiscing how we used to flex in
Texas
Don't be jealous

One night you had enough. You were done talking to Chris and arguing. Done trying to make him happy. You decided to turn the tables on him. You decided that you would do the things he did to you.

You called up your girlfriends, put on some makeup, did your hair up nicely, dressed to have some fun. You were prepared to dance the night away.

While you were out clubbing, you met up with one of your old flames. You two talked how life was going for the two of you. What you didn't know was Chris was there looking at you from afar. Seeing you with another guy made him burn with anger. Well, that's what happens when you hurt the ones you love.

If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous
If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous

Sometimes I want to walk in your shoes
Do the type of things that I never do
I take one look in the mirror and say to
Myself
Baby girl you can't survive like this no

And I hate you for your lies and your covers
And I hate us for making good love to each other
And I love making you jealous but don't judge me
And I know that I'm being hateful but that ain't nothing
That ain't nothing
I'm just jealous
I'm just human
Don't judge me

Another night clubbing. "Babe! I'm going out with the girls. See you in a few." Once those words escaped your mouth you were stopped by Chris. "No your not. This is the sixth time this week." "Chris I'm just going to have a little fun. Relax." "No. Your not going out. For what? To go flirt with some random guy?!" Those last few words brought you to express what you had been feeling for the last few weeks. "Excuse me?! Did I bother you when you went out for the night with your buddies, f****** with some other girls? No! I didn't I decided to trust that you would be responsible. But since you feel that I'll be cheating or whatever. I might as well go ahead and do it!" "What are you talking about, (Y/N)?" "You know damn well what I'm talking about. I know about her, Chris." "What?! Who?!" Chris said playing dumb as if he didn't know. "I don't know her name, but you know damn well who I'm talking about. I've smelled her perfume on you and seen her lipstick on your shirt. I don't have any perfume that smells like lavender or a coral blue lip color. You aren't very smart when cheating." You retorted. "She... she's just a.. friend." "Liar!" "Since I'm cheating on you, why don't you just leave?!" Chris yelled at you. After he said what he said his facial expressions changed from one of anger to one of regret. You looked at Chris with so much hurt and anger you said "Fine by me." You walked over to the front door, twisted the doorknob. "I'll be back some time tomorrow for my things. I should've left in the first place." And with that you walked out the door. "(Y/N)." That was the fateful night you and Chris split up.

If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous
If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine
Oh I'm jealous