z

---Jungkook POV---

Jungkook was ready.

At least that's what he had thought 3 hours ago.

It was nearly 8 pm, and Jungkook had found himself frozen in place as he watched the clock strike 7:59.

One minute.

He wasn't worried about the distance, since his dorm was about thirty seconds away from the park.

He was just too scared of rejection.

He had thought to text Brinley multiple times, but he stopped himself every time.

It was one of his flaws that he hated about himself.

He didn't want to seem weak for her, he wanted to be fine without not texting her.

But, he wasn't fine.

He yearned for her; it was as if he was drowning, but he didn't want saving.

He liked the feeling of wanting someone he wasn't sure he could get.

Maybe he just liked the chase.

Jungkook slumped down on his bed, defeated. He had felt so foolish that he hadn't realized it before.

He couldn't go now.

He couldn't bear to do that to Brinley.

He couldn't lead her on like she did to him.

He looked out his window, and a tiny tear rolled down his cheek.

---Brinley POV---

After about ten minutes of trudging towards the park, I finally reached the exact bench the photo was taken. Nothing had changed about the bench, it was almost as if it was timeless.

I sat down and exhaled.

I may have looked relaxed, but my mind was going everywhere as I was trying to get a hold of the situation that was about to happen.

I looked around the park as I tapped my fingers lightly against the chipped wood of the bench.

Where is he? I thought to myself as I glanced down at my phone.

8:15 pm.

I hadn't expected him to be punctual, even though deep down I wished that he had been, but he said he'd be waiting.

As the minutes ticked by, I felt myself becoming more and more restless by the second.

I wanted to call him.

I wanted to ask if he was really coming.

But I also wanted to trust him.

He said he'd be waiting.

But it turns out that I was the one waiting.

8:30 pm.

What's taking him so long? I thought as I checked the time once more.

I let out a breath of air as I pursed my lips and looked down at my lap.

I still wasn't giving up hope.

If he wasn't going to wait, then I will.

10:00pm.

It's been two hours.

And me being concerned is an understatement.

"Jungkook... where are you?" I mumbled out to myself as I looked at the few people surrounding me, then looked up at the now dark sky, the moon shining brightly with stars threatening to surface.