c

I sat in the car in silence. I was still trying to figure out who this person was. He was obviously a member of BigHit, but why would he have a sea of fangirls after him?

Eventually, the car began to slow to a stop as I took in my surroundings. The building we were currently parked in front of had blue glass windows, and had a modern vibe to it.

Unlike the airport, this building seemed to be practically empty with a few stragglers hovering around the area.

"Is this the building where you work?" I asked Jungkook as he looked at me with a slight blank look plastered on his face.

I tried again. Only this time, I spoke slightly slower and made hand gestures to try and show what I was saying. He quickly caught onto the message with a slight laugh and nodded. There was something different about him that I couldn't quite put my finger on..

But it intrigued me.

Jungkook quickly turned to the right and slid open the door easily; jumping out of the car. He gestured towards the building and did a "come here" action with his fingers. I quickly followed his actions and stood next to the van as it closed automatically.

"Gamsahabnida!" Jungkook said to the driver as he went to go and park the car.

Jungkook looked down at me for a second or two before smiling and walking towards the building; his long strides already making it harder for me to catch up. I began to trail behind him as we walked up the steps to the building. Peering in through the windows, I realized just how private BigHit was. There weren't as many people as I'd been expecting, but I suppose that just made my job a whole lot easier.

"Follow me." Jungkook spoke out timidly as we opened the glass doors and stepped inside.

Jungkook seemed to have earned respect for himself if he was the age I thought he was, seeing as the people surrounding us were smiling at him and welcoming him in warmly.

Jungkook smiled slightly and led me towards the elevators.

As we waited in front of the pristine silver doors, an uncomfortable silence had soon fallen among us.

There was clearly a language barrier between us that would be extremely difficult to overcome.

"How are you?" I asked quietly as he turned to me with a startled look on his face, "I-I'm good. How are you?" He asked as I smiled up at him and shrugged softly.

"I'm okay. A little bit tired, but it's fine" I said as he nodded awkwardly almost as if he was signalling that our brief conversation was now ending.

Just then, the doors opened as a few more people stepped out. Jungkook lowered his head and waited as the crowd left the elevator before pulling me in with him.

"Third floor." Jungkook stated out loud as he pressed the button. I smiled internally at his cute yet charming thick Korean accent.

I backed myself up against the metal wall of the elevator as we began to move up and rested my head in my hands.

Today was such a long day, not to mention that my jet-lag was finally catching up to me and it seemed that this was only the beginning.

As the elevator finally slowed to a stop, I quickly snapped my head up and saw Jungkook turning in the other direction almost immediately after I looked up.

This is probably the second- if not, third time I've seen him staring at me today.

I stored that thought in the back of my mind as we exited the elevator.

I looked around the floor and noted to myself that this was most likely the place where they host meetings.

There was a single, long hallway that dispersed into smaller rooms.

I looked up at Jungkook as I cleared my throat, "Which room is it?" I asked as he looked down the hall and began to wander around slightly.

Did neither of us know where we were supposed to be?

"Jungkook-ah!" A voice suddenly spoke out from behind him.

Jungkook turned towards the voice as his face broke out into a smile,

"Jin hyung!"

When they both turned to face me, I noticed how younger looking the other boy was as well.

Was BigHit possibly doing an internship for the summer?

"Follow us." The other boy said with the same Korean accent as they walked into the room on my right.

I quickly stumbled forward and trailed behind them like a lost puppy. And to be honest, a lost puppy was exactly what I was feeling like right now. As I entered the room, it seemed as if all eyes had been drawn to me.

"Welcome, Ms. Brinley!" A man yelled out joyously as I widened my eyes.

There was a small banner hung up on the wall, paired alongside a small cake that was sitting on the table.

"Thank you once again for choosing BigHit. With your achievements, we know the decision must have been extremely difficult." The man added on as I bowed deeply. I wasn't surprised that he knew English, considering the email he sent me a while before.

"No, thank you for choosing me." I said with a smile as he clapped his hands and beamed down at me.

But, the question that I wanted answered most was who were these 6 other boys all staring down at me?

A boy with blonde hair and a kind smile stepped forward and smiled directly at me.

"Nice to meet you, Brinley, my name is Namjoon." He spoke in perfect English.

I was not expecting him to speak such fluent English, so I had to take a moment to make sure I was hearing him correctly as I grinned widely at him.

"Nice to meet you too, Namjoon."

a/n namjoon is sly and also sorry these first chapters are like all filler lol oops