e

Today was my first tutoring session.

And to say that I was nervous was an understatement.

I had gotten no sleep the night before, due to my tossing and turning and overthinking. But, maybe the overthinking wasn't just because of the job. I had slipped on my favourite pair of leggings and a sweater. I wasn't looking to impress anyone.

Well, maybe just one.

I was on my way out the door of my apartment that BigHit had provided for me, when I got a text from Namjoon. It read:

namjoon: ay, can't wait for today's lesson ;)

I smiled slightly and replied back.

me: same! see you soon :)

I wasn't blind. I knew Namjoon was trying to flirt with me. I mostly just let it slide, but I honestly didn't like him in that way. I sighed as I made my way out the door and towards the BigHit building.

--

By the time I arrived at BigHit, the office was already bustling about and lively with energy.

Something that I was lacking.

I made my way to the elevator and stepped inside; pressing the third floor as I remembered what Jungkook had said yesterday.

As the elevator slowed to a stop, I could practically feel the overtiredness of post jetlag but excitement bubbling up in my stomach as I watched the metal doors slide open.

Before I even stepped onto the floor completely, I could already hear chattering and mumbling coming from down the hall.

I tried to retrace my steps from yesterday as I found myself walking back to the same room where we had all met just a day before. And sure enough, it seemed that all the talking was coming from this room.

I knocked on the door gently; hearing all the noises on the other side of the door pause for a second.

"Um, excuse me? My name is Brinley McAdams and I'm the English tutor for BigHit? I think I'm supposed to be here..." I stopped talking after a minute of silence from the other side.

I was beginning to think I was in the wrong place.

As I was about to turn away, the door burst open and there stood Jungkook with his wide brown eyes and a bright smile.

"Hello, come in!" He said happily with his rather adorable Korean accent as I smiled up at him.

It seemed that these boys knew the bare minimal basic English, so that was crossed off my list.

I walked into the room nervously seeing as all the other boys were here and staring at me except for Namjoon, which would explain why it took so long for the door to open.

I didn't actually expect him to sit here and learn English from me, but it would have been nice to have someone else helping me out as well.

"Okay..." I paused to take a deep breath as Jungkook shut the door once again and sat in front of me.

"Let's get started." I said as they all smiled and focused on me intently.

Just a few minutes after my lesson had started, Namjoon came into the room with 8 coffee cups and placed them on table before giving me a warm smile.

"For you, Brinley. I know the time is messed up for you, so I thought coffee might help you out a bit." Namjoon explained as I gratefully took the coffee and held it in my hands.

"Thank you for thinking of me, Namjoon." I said politely.

"Brinley, thinking of you is no trouble at all." He said, with not one trace of regret on his face.

I was going to say something else to somehow rebut him, but suddenly got distracted by Jungkooks burning stare at Namjoon.

What is going on?