v

---Jungkook POV---

Jungkook didn't know what to do anymore.
He had never felt this way about someone, especially not for a girl.
Did I really love her?
That was the question Jungkook feared the most.
He knew what he said in the text, but he just couldn't grasp what it all meant to him.
For he couldn't understand why he felt butterflies in his stomach every time Brinley laughed, or why his heart seemed to race just at the mere sight of her.
He couldn't explain that warm feeling that spread throughout his body whenever she smiled at him, or the way his whole face lit up when he saw her name on his phone.
And that terrified him.
Maybe I'm making a mistake, he thought as he paced his room, alone.
Jungkook weighed his options. He liked being independent, and being his own person. He liked not having someone near him, or telling him who to be. He liked his space. He didn't have to invest his heart into a person, because that takes ample amounts of effort.
But, sometimes, he longed for someone to give his jacket to when they were cold, or to have someone to hold his hand.
He longed for someone that could still be youthful at heart, even when they were old and wrinkly, side by side, on a porch somewhere, surrounded by their grandchildren.
He longed for a soulmate, someone who he could spend the rest of his life with and have it feel like they've known each other forever.
And the only name that popped into his head was Brinley.
He unlocked his phone and went to his photos, scrolling to the day where he first met Brinley and when they had their first private lesson.
He laughed at the ugly pictures they took over the course of the months, some in her apartment, some around Seoul, and some in the BigHit building, and also admired the nice ones of Brinley.
He stopped on a shot he took when she thought he wasn't noticing her.
She wore a lilac knit oversized sweater, and her hair messy and disheveled, but still fell perfectly as it cascaded down her shoulders and down her back.
She was laughing at something that he said, her white smile glistening where the sun hit her.
The landscape was to die for, as the leaves had just started turning different warm shades of reds, oranges, and yellows, and were falling in the background of the photograph.
He remembered having to drag her to the park that it was taken, because she didn't want to just see trees, she wanted to experience things that weren't in America.
And he was so glad he did what he did, because the photo was indescribably beautiful.
And it was then, in that moment, he realized he did love her.
And he loved her for real.