Chapter 13 Newfound Interests

I rub my eyes slowly, adjusting to the sunlight brightening the room. The morning air is a little chilly, but with the comfort of my numerous pillows and fluffy quilts, I manage to fend off the cold from evading my still sleepy body. I snuggle toward the source of warmth, and bury my face in, thinking it must be a blanket, but instead the warmth is coming from the bare chest of a half naked Killian Devon.

"I trust you've had a good night's sleep? Judging from your snores of course, beautiful." Killian nudges my ear gently while whispering the words, well aware of my half awake state of mind.

I shake my head to clean the groggy feeling, and try to remember the events of last night as to explain why Killian in my

bed. Ah, right. He climbed in through the window because he felt lonely sleeping by himself, no wonder it feels more cool this morning, the idiot forgot to close the window all the way last night.

"What time is it?" I ask, ignoring his comment on my snoring, after all, it was he who had insisted on sleeping beside me.

"Seven o'clock."

I sigh, school doesn't start for another hour and a half, that means another half hour of delicious sleep until my mother bursts through the door with another cruel way to wake me up. Oh no, my mother. Suddenly I'm one hundred percent alert and awake.

"You have to get out of here," I hiss at Killian who is propped up on my bed with one arm and regarding at me with amusement. "My mom is going to kick down the door in a half hour, and if she finds you here," I suck in a sharp breath, "She will murder us both."

"Nah, I think I'll stay a little longer." Killian smiles wickedly at me, lazily tracing patterns with his slim pointer finger on my bed sheet.

"I'm not kidding."

Killian sighs but gets up from the bed in a flash, "As you wish." He bows mockingly, and shuffles slowly to the bathroom.

I ruffle my hair and collapse back onto the bed, beyond tired because of how late I stayed up last night. Let's just say I barely got any sleep. I was way too distracted by a boy, and not just any boy, but Killian Devon, who was sleeping next to me, with his arm draped around my waist, until I finally gave in to exhaustion and fell into a deep slumber.

After 5 minutes of lying in my heavenly bed, I force myself up into a sitting position, but it's tempting to fall back.

I get up and rap on the bathroom door madly, surely Killian can share, I need to get ready too.

Killian cracks the door open a couple inches, and gives me a questioning look. "Yes?"

"I need to use the bathroom." I observe Killian. His dark brown hair is a mess, a few loose strands sticking out wildly, Killian runs his hand roughly though it, causing it to stick up more. His usually black eyes seem a little lighter this morning, and if you look closely enough, dark blue specks surround the pupil like a protective ring. Even in the morning, he looks like an angel, just a slightly annoyed angel that has to share the restroom.

"Very well." Killian backs away to let me in, but not before throwing me a glare. I ignore it and proceed to do my morning routine.

I twist a piece of my hair around my hand as I examine my closet stacked with clothes for every style. From girly to slightly gothic, everything from phrases I've been through during my life. Hesitantly, I choose something I would usually deny wearing, basically an outfit my mother would recommend.

"Do I get to see you change?" Killian leans against the door frame of the bathroom, dressed in yesterday's clothes.

"No." I grab the clothes then shuffle into the bathroom, and give Killian an exaggerated apologetic smile, which he returns with a disappointed look.