Chapter 9 Dirty Dancing

Science passes by quickly mostly because I wasn't paying attention at all the entire class.

I was so distracted by the dance lesson offer, that the few times the teacher called on me, I had to stutter an ridiculous answer.

"Here," I wave my phone in front of Luke's face. "Take me to this address." I say once I am in the car after school.

"Guy or girl?" Luke asks before even starting the car.

"Girl, but since when do you care?" Ok fine, I'm lying, but I have a feeling if I say guy Luke wouldn't let me go.

Luke ignores my question. "Is it for a project?"

"Something like that." I shrug even though Luke probably can't see from the driver's seat.

After a few minutes drive we arrive in front of one of those victorian mansions.

Luke whistles, "impressive."

"It looks like a fudging castle." I say, as stunned as my brother is.

"What time should I pick you up?"

I check the time on my phone, "It's about three right now, so pick me up at five?"

Luke nods, "Alright, get out freak."

"Love you too Luke." I drag my backpack out with me, and walk towards the gates surrounding the house.

"Hello?" I speak into the mouthpiece.

"Who are you?" A deep voice demands back.

"I'm uh- a friend of Killian's" Should I state myself as a friend? Heck, I'm not sure if Killian even likes me.

"A friend of Mr. Killian Devon's?" There's a small pause on the other end, before the gates creak open.

"Thanks a lot!"

I sprint down the path and enter the large double doors.

"Didn't have too much trouble with the gates, I hope?"

"It might help if you tell your doorman I'm coming next time Killian."

Killian ignores me, then continues walking, knowing I'd be right behind his heels.

"Skylar? What are you doing here?" I know its Winter before I see her skipping down the stairs.

"I'm just-"

"She's taking dance lessons from me, she's going to the ball, now stop being a nosy bitch and go fly a kite." Killian cuts in, not even looking at Winter

"Whatever," Winter rolls her big brown eyes, "I'll be in my room, first door up this flight of stairs, if you ever need a break from my disgusting brother."

I nod, turn around to follow Killian but instead bump into him.

"You don't think I'm disgusting, do you?" He asks while twirling a piece of my hair playfully around his index finger.

And to make the situation even more awkward, Killian is about a couple inches taller, so my eye level is right about his lips.

"No-no." I swallow hard, and nearly choke on my own spit, causing Killian to let out a low chuckle. Glad to find someone is finding my awkwardness amusing.

"Good." He let's go and quickly turns back around to continue making his way to where ever we are heading.

"This is where Winter and I practice dancing." Killian pushes open a set of doors, and into a pretty impressive studio.

I bite down hard to reframe from letting out an impressed 'Wow'.

"Alright, let's start with basics," Killian says as he walks to the center of the large room. "Now come on Skylar, come closer."

I hesitantly take his hand. "Good, now just remember, the male always leads, so if you forget during the ball just follow in step with whatever your partner is doing."

"Ok." I nod quickly.

"My other hand is at your waist, remember no higher or no lower than your waist, there are people who try to take advantage."

"Yea, I'll remember."

"Your hand," Killian guides it to rest on top of his broad shoulder. "Now follow my steps."

I let out a small sigh and stare at his feet, as I attempt to keep up, "right."

"Keep your head held high." Killian tips my chin gently up, "you've got nothing to hide."

"Th-thanks, thank you." I half whisper to him.

"No problem, it's how our instructor taught Winter and I."

My cheeks burn with embarrassment, he didn't mean it as a compliment!

"But you are pretty."

I freeze in mid step, did Killian just give me an actual compliment? With no insult?

"Thanks." at least I'm not stuttering.

After another half hour of dancing and day dreaming about the ball, Killian let me take a break.

"Alright, we're done for today, will I see you tomorrow also?"

"Umm yea, I just have to ask my brother if he can give me a ride."

Killian nods then continues, "do you have a dress for the ball yet?"

"Well I have a few dresses."

"Look, you should go see Winter, she might have some dresses you can borrow that would be appropriate for the occasion."

"Alright, thanks for the lesson." Killian nods and dismisses me.

"Hey Winter,you in there?" I ask outside of her door.

"yep, you can come in."

I open the door, "preparing for the ball?"

"Yep." Winter replies from somewhere in her walk-in closet. "Here, come help me."

I follow Winter's voice and find her surrounded by piles of dresses.

"ugh, I don't know what to wear!" Winter whines then flops down onto a nearby couch.

"What color are you thinking of wearing?"

"I don't know, whatever Killian is wearing, oh that reminds me, can you go ask him the color his wearing." Winter stares at me with puppy-dog eyes. "Please? I don't want to deal with him right now."

I sigh louldly, "You owe me." Winter smiles happily then goes back to rammaging her closet.

I close her door, dang, I should have asked which was Killian's room. I sigh again and continue down the hall.

I pass by a room with a door labeled Killian wide open. "Killian?" I call into the room, but no one answers.

I wander through the door, the room is very clean, far more clean than I expected a guy's room to be.

"Killian?" I call again. I know its rude to intrude, but I am in the room of one of the most popular guys in school! of course I want to explore a little.

I sweep my hand accross the top of a small table, hmm, no dust.

The bed is set against the large, open windows, and all the furniture match, its basically a white room with white furniture.

I pass in front of a door in Killian's room that I assume is the bathroom. The bathroom is so different from the rest of the room. While its still clean, all the towls, decorations, are black, and the walls are a dark, dark, brown.

And just as I finish observing this, Killian steps put from behind the shower curtain of his bathtub.

Naked.

____________________

Hey you guys! Sorry for not uploading sooner! I have been soooo busy omg. But hope you liked this chapter, please vote, and share, also keep reading!