Chapter 12 Unexpected visitor

"How did the project go?" Luke asks once I get into his car.

"Good."

"Cool." Luke nods from the driver's seat.

That's basically all my conversations with Luke, short and awkward, and uncomfortable for us both.

I stare out the window, as the mansion disappears from view, and into just fields of open land. I'm pretty sure, the Devons own the fields too, honestly, their family is so rich, I'm pretty sure they own, or at least sponsor half our school, if not more. Yea, that's how well their economy is.

I pat my backpack by my side, thinking about the dress stashed inside. It is so kind of Winter to lend me the dress, but I'm sure to her, its just another dress, but to a lot of people, its probably more than their rent.

Soon we arrive home, I rush upstairs, excited to try on the dress by myself.

I dump the contents of the bag onto my bed, and quickly lock the door. Carefully I take out the dress from my backpack, and slowly unzip it. Being extremely gentle, I lift out the dress, and change into it.

Like a little girl, I spin around the room, pretending I'm a princess. The dress fans out around me in a whirl of fiery red and gold fabric.

I glance at the clock hanging on my wall, 6:30 wow I've spent nearly two hours of nothing but spinning around, admiring my reflection, and daydreaming about the ball.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door, shoot, I won't have time to change out of the dress.

Someone knocks again, and I unlock the door, taking care to hide my dress behind the door, so the person the other side can only see my head. 

"Hey Mom." I say, desperately trying to hind the rest of my body behind the door.

"Oh my goodness! Is it true? Is it?" Mom asks excitedly, her eyes sparkle with curiosity.

"What is? What are you talking about?" I try to shut the door a little more, but my mom pushes it open, and practically skips into my room.

"Well you know the Grey family? Yea well they just called and told me their son invited you to the ball! What's his name again? Lucifer? Oh goodness! This is so exciting. And I can't wai- Wow... Skylar, you look beautiful!" Mom breaks off mid sentence as she takes in my dress.

"Thanks." I answer, these are one of those rare moments when my mother compliments me on my appearance. "My friend Winter, Winter Devon let it to me."

"Ah, Well I'll leave you alone to whatever you were doing before I interrupted, just wanted to find out if it was true." Mom smiles warmly, but I can tell she is extremely happy that I am invited to the fancy event. She gives me a wink and ducks out the door, out in the hallway I hear her yell out "Dan, Skylar's been invited to something! Can you believe it? "

After dinner and finishing my huge amount of homework I decide it's time to hit the shower and call it a day. I grab my phone and walk into the bathroom. From my playlist I choose the song Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran and put it on. I quickly strip off my clothes and step into the shower for a quick steamy relief. About an hour later, I step out of the bathroom, change into my pajamas, brush my teeth and get ready to sleep.

"Did you enjoy your shower?" Killian asks not looking up from my sketch book, in a lounging position on my bed.

"WHAT TH-" realizing my volume might alarm my parents and Luke who is currently in their rooms, I lower it and speak angrily instead, "What the hell are you doing here Killian it's nearly 11!" 

Killian continues to flip through my drawings, as if this is completely normal. "It's lonely in bed darling, won't you join me?" He pats the space beside him.

"You didn't answer my question, what the hell are you doing here!"

Killian sighs, but answers. "I texted you,but you must have been showering. You see, my bed at home feels too empty tonight, I need a friend. You are my friend aren't you?" Killian finally looks up. His handsome face holds an ignorant smirk, and his dark eyes regard me, waiting for an answer.

I swallow hard, aware that Killian Devon is alone in my bedroom with me. "yea, I'm your friend."

"Then come join me." Killian grins, and pats the space again.

I stay planted to the floor where I stand, and cross my arms in front of my chest. "No."

Killian lifts his eyebrow, then gets up from my bed. "Why so serious?" He comes to stand in front of me, and unwraps my arms. "I just want some company that's all."

"It's getting late, I'm tired." I say, trying to ignore how close this extremely attractive human being is to me. To be honest, I've had a small crush on Killian during freshmen year, but he had no idea I even existed until a few days ago. Did I mention he is super hot and is only standing inches away from me, I can smell Killian's signature cologne, so pleasant to my nostrils.

"Then sleep with me." Killian closes the distance, then with one swift movement, scoops me up into his strong arms, and gently places me on the bed. He turns off the lights, in the soft glow of moon light from my window I see Killian take off his grey t-shirt, and his muscles flex as he stretches. Damn.

"Like what you see, love?" Even in the dark, I can see Killian wink at me seductively.

"Just sleep." I turn around so my back is facing him, much to my surprise he presses his body closer to mine, and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Sweet dreams." Killian whispers into my ear.

And this whole time I have no idea how he found out my address.

__________________________

Hey people!!! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I made this chapter extra long to compensate for not updating as recently. Thanks again for reading I love you!

Please vote for this chapter, it really really really means a lot, and it makes me super happy whenever I see the votes go up, or the reads increase.

You readers are amazing!!!