Chapter 6 Time for change

"How was your first day sweetie?" My mom asks, getting all in my face the moment I enter our house.

"Well-" I begin, but my mom cuts me off with a question I know she really wants to know about.

"Any cute guys in your classes?"

"Well-"

"Now Skylar don't lie to your mommy." She stares me down with her own green eyes.

"There were these two guys..." I say, carefully choosing my words, my mom is like a ticking bomb, one word about liking some guy makes her explode with excitement.

"Yes..." She bobbs her head, urging me to go on.

"They were pretty cute."

"Who were?" Luke interrupts, and for once I am thankful.

"No one." I answer him quickly, then speed upstairs, leaving my mom to lecture Luke about eavesdropping.

I shut the door to my room and slid down dramatically against it like they do in the movies.

I check the notifications on my phone and am surprised to find I have a text. I have unlimited texting, but I don't have anyone to text with, well except for Fiona, but we're not really on speaking terms.

So who could it be?

I open the notification and the person is...

one of those chain mails promoting a new product.

I sigh, I knew it was too good to be true, my loneliness got me too excited.

Hell, it is just a text but it already made me all happy. I am way too easy to please.

I am still just a nobody.

But maybe its time I change that.

_____________________

Hey guys thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. From here on its going to get more exciting so please please please keep reading!