Chapter 7 New day, new start

"Wake up Sky! Come on my beautiful daughter!" My Mom hollers in my ear.

I jump right up. New day, New start.

"Oh wow!" My mom gasps in mocking shock, "Did Skylar Collins just get up without me having to dump water on her?"

"Whatever Mom, I'm taking a shower."

I jump in the shower and let the warm water drench every part of my body.

I step out in a towl after a good half hour shower and see that Mom has placed a outfit on my bed.

A pair of jean short shorts to my mid-thighs. A loose white lacey top with a v-neck cut. And a white pair of flats to finish it off.

I hesitately put on the outfit, noticing how much skin is exposed. But I do have to admit, the outfit makes me look good.

I walk over to my makeup station and sit myself on a cushioned chair in front of the mirror. I rummage through my makeup bag and pull out the essentials. Mascara.

I take a close look at my reflection. I see a girl with fairly clear skin, two or three blemishes near the edge of her hairline. Slightly tan, but to some quite pale. Her eyes are a mossy green with specks of yellow. Her lips are a bit chapped but still full and red, making the pink of her cheeks appear even more rosy. The shape of her face is pointed but not angular like a model's. She is pretty.

I brush a strand of damp hair out of my face and start working on covering the blemishes. I search my bag for a good foundation, put that on, then work on concealing my dark circles.

I need to look pretty today, because deep down, as much as I hate to admit, I want to impress Killian. I want to show him that I can be pretty, so pretty that he'll want me.

I focus on my eyes. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but curtains do help frame the view. I pat on eyeshadow, line some eyeliner, then a couple layers of mascara.

Pink blush, and a swipe of bubble gum lip gloss later...

"Perfect." I give a toothy smile to the girl staring back at me in the mirror.

I skip downstairs and greet my mom, the astonishment upon her face at seeing me all pretty is beyond belief.

"Oh my- Oh my gosh! You look so beautiful!" My mom gushes like she's my age.

"Ha thanks mom, so what's for breakfast?"

The entire time I chewed on my pancakes she sat there and stared at me. I even heard her mumble "Who are you, and what have you done with my daughter."

The same disbelief with Luke only he expresses his surprise in a different way.

"you actually somewhat look like a girl today. Not bad freak." Luke shakes his head in disbelief when we're in the car.

"Thanks."

"So who are you trying to impress?" He asks as we pull out of the driveway.

"As if I'm telling you." I snort loudly.

Luke takes it and fills the car with music from the radio instead.

In the backseat, with my head pressed against the window of the car, I daydream quietly about Killian and Lucifer.

Meanwhile the song ' I knew you were trouble' is blasting in the background.

___________________

Hey guys thanks for reading, please vote it means a lot!