Vas happening? (1)

Maribelle's Point of View.

 It was a beautiful Friday morning in London, England.  I sat alone on a very uncomfortable park bench. The weather that was amazing considering it was December. I haven't arrived here not to long ago as well and I thought the weather would be horrid. The sun was beaming down on me while the wind cooled me down. It was my ideal weather for this time of the year. On my lap, I had my sketchbook, where I had almost everything in it. It contained drawings, lyrics, quotes, it was a visual diary. It picked up when me up when I was down.

A loud chorus of cries and screams caught my attention. It was weird considering it wasn't that loud and busy a few minutes ago. I looked up and my eyes began to squint trying to make out what was happening. My vision was quite blurry considering my glasses were probably still in my luggage. I managed to see silhouettes of teenage girls gathered around. I thought it was quite hilarious seeing them all cry in unison. I didn't get why they were, it wasn't like the Backstreet Boys were here. I shook my head and let out a little laugh as I began to look down at my sketchbook and continued to draw. 

"Hello!" I heard a boy yell from the mere distance. 

I didn't bother to turn around. It wasn't like someone would take to me. I mean, I look like a complete loner. If anything we was probably talking to someone else.

"Vas Happening." The person yelled startling me a bit.

The person became louder and louder, coming towards my direction. I began to hum to myself trying to ignore the person. The boy who was yelling for the last few minutes sat next to me. I took a glance to my right then immediately looked away.  

"So... Vas happening?" The strange boy said as he threw his arms up in the air. 

I turned to look at him and burst out of laughter. "Hi? I think? Maybe?"

A smile spread across his face, his hand moved forward as if he wanted to shake my hand. I dropped my pen down on top of my book and shook his. "I'm Zayn, it's nice to meet you." He said with a smile plastered on his face.

I found myself smiling as we shook his hands. His accent was quite intriguing compared to the other typical British people here. He seemed like a really nice person. He dressed really well. He wore dark black chinos with a varsity jacket that had the initial Z on it. That made sense, Z for Zayn. 

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too, I'm Maribelle." I said as I took back my hand and placed it on top of my sketchbook.

My smile faded as I slowly looked down at my sketchbook. I wonder why this guy is even talking to me, who would want to talk to me?  It left me confused and curious to why he was here. I looked up hoping he'd be on his way but he wasn't. He was sitting there looking all happy and smiley. I smiled back at him and looked away. It was like he automatically knew how awkward this was for me. I looked back down at my notebook and attempted to keep myself busy. 

"Well this is awkward." I mumbled to myself as I scribbled on the side of my paper.

He let out a sigh of happiness. "So, Maribelle." He said moving closer towards me. 

"Mhm." I said continuing to scribble into my sketchbook. 

"Wait--you're not from here are you?" He questioned in curiosity.

I looked up and shook my head from left to right. " No, I'm from Canada, where it snow twenty-four-seven and where I own seven polar bears. " I replied sarcastically with a grin on my face.

He nodded in amazement as if he actually cared. Now that was a first because the other people who tried to interact with me didn't even try. "Canada seems like a nice place. When did you get here, here as in this country?" He said stumbling on his words.