Chapter 7

Whe Tyler awoke his head was rested on a soft surface, warm. And pulsing. Tyler lurched back when he noticed an arm around around him. Tyler stood there looking down at Jace, panting and shocked. 

"Rise and shine," Jace gives him a small smile like nothing was weird and got up to move to his kitchen. Tyler looked at him in confusion. The man was in a sloppy t-shirt and red and black checked boxers. And he saw nothing wrong with this?

"What happened?" Tyler asked, his voice hoarse.

"I found you outside at four am, Tyler. Now enough about that and drink this," Jace came back in, holding out a mug of steaming hot liquid. Tyler took a sip hesitantly.

"I love green tea."

"Really? Me too. I always find it calms a person down."

It's silent for a moment, then Tyler erupted into a blush.

"You okay?" Jace asked.

"Yeah... just, is this not weird? I'm in your house, drinking your tea!"

"Not to mention you crashed the night in an hysterical state."

"Sorry..."

"Don't be sorry. I'm glad you collapsed outside my door rather than an alleyway where no one could find you. And no I don't find it weird." He looked down at his boxers. "But I should really put on some pants. Make yourself at home..."

Jace bounded out to the hall and up the stairs. Tyler let out a shakey breath and raked back his hair with his hand.

He was in his maths teachers house after having a meltdown. Tyler cringed at the thought of it. Tyler had a look around. It was a nice place if he was to be honest. Spacious and each wall had at least one piece of photography. The one that caught Tylers attention was one of the sea. The waves were crashing against the coast. It was a stormy day and the lighthouse in the distance was almost concealed by the clouds. It was the place that Colin and Tyler used to frequent.

Fully conscious, Tyler got sucked back into the memory he stopped the night before.

Tyler couldn't see Colin anywhere. The waves were too high. He could barely tell what way was up. 

"Colin!" Tyler tried to call out.

Only the sound of crashing waves answered him.

"COLIN!"

No answer. 

"COLIN ANSWER ME!" 

A faint sound met Tylers ears before he was taken under. He emerged and the voice was louder.

"Help!"

"Colin!" Tyler screeched his name and swam frantically to Colins screams of help. 

"TYLER!"

He finally saw him. By the rocks. The very sharp rocks. That could be lethal if you fell on them. And Colin was being bashed against them by the waves. As Tyler swam closure he saw that the murky water had been filled with blood. Colin was barely hanging onto anything, like a ragdoll he was letting the sea play with him. Tyler hooked his arm around his waist and pulled up onto the rocks. He found one that didn't have jagged edges and lay Colin out on it. Tyler wasn't sure that the liquid on his face was just sea water. Colins blood mixed with his tears. Tyler pushed hard on Colins chest, but to no avail. He tried giving him mouth to mouth.

To no avail.

He had no pulse. 

"Nononononono. You are not dying on me!" Tyler pumped at his chest but he knew it was hopeless. He put his hand behind Colins head, only to feel something sticky and moist covering his fingers. Tyler looked to see Colins head having an actual hole in his head. Blood was pouring out, pieces on flesh and an organ Tyler didn't want to think about seeped out. 

"No Colin. You can't die. You can't die on me." But he was only talking to himself and the sea. 

"Nice picture, isn't it?" Jace sucked him back to reality. Tyler nodded quickly and blinked away any tears.

"Yeah... I um know the place..."

"Really? I used to visit there whenever I was passing through to see my girlfriend."

For some reason the word girlfriend sent a stabbing sensation into Tylers gut.

So did something else. Tyler realised it was a Wednesday. School.

"Oh fuck, what time is it?"

"Ten, why?"

"I have to go to school!"

"No you don't. I have it taken care of. You need rest because of last night."

Tyler couldn't help the sigh of relief escape his lips.

"But that doesn't mean I'm letting you away with some tutoring," Jace said with a mischievious grin. Tyler couldn't hide the groan. Tyler patted his back.

"Don't worry, I'll make it fun."

"Is that possible?"

"Excuse me, have we met?" 

Tyler threw his head back and laughed, the hurt and guilt of Colins, his boyfriend soulmate lover, death momentarily at the back of his mind. 

Unlike usual. 

*

Random question but:

So far, who is your favourite character?

And the picture is of Tyler ^___^

Thank you for reading!