Chapter 4

Understandably Jace was late for his next lesson so Tyler sat amongst his peers who were shouting at each other and pelting dictionaries around the room. Needless to say the dictionary was aimed at Tylers' head quite a few times. 

"His head made outta stone of something?!" someone shouted across the room, ready to aim. This time Tyler caught it and threw the dictionary back with as much more force than it was thrown. The person who Tyler had aimed at fell back in their chair and Tyler smirked to himself. Needless to say, no more dictionaries were thrown. Jace came in ten minutes before the bell was due to ring and he raised an eyebrow at the state of the room and the students. They all went silent, watching his reaction.

"Next time I'm late for class I expect you not to throw dictionaries," he said and plucks one off of the top of the cupboard. "Or aim at other class mates," he looked at the guy at the back and Tyler with a knowing look.

"But I'll let it slide this time. Okay everyone, stand up." Everyone groaned, "Be happy that I'm not giving you all a detention. Darren, what is the square root of pie times sixty five?" 

Luckily throughout the whole class Jace avoided asking Tyler until the last moment when the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell," he smiled at Tyler and beckoned him to the desk. They both waited until all of the students had left the room.

"Don't be expecting any apologies from Toby and them, but they won't bother you in school anymore." He paused, "Anything happens outside, I suggest you hide in a tree," he joked, but Tyler didn't pick up on it and showed a face of shock. "I'm only messing. Seriously though, tell me okay?" 

Tyler nodded in response and left. Walking down the hall he noticed everyone staring at him, then heard Amelia's loud and obnoxious voice. 

"No that fag isn't my brother," she answered someone. "His parents died and he had to live with my family like a lost cause," she explained in a harsh tone, "I guess you could say it was charity work." 

Tyler kept his head down and kept walking, pretending he hadn't heard anything. The group pretend they didn't say anything. But they both knew other wise. 

Tyler went straight home, all the way keeping an eye on his surroundings and making sure his path was surrounded by trees, just to be safe. Luckily no one came after him. Also luckily enough no one was home yet so again Tyler changed into grey sweat pants, grabbed his iPod and went running. Tyler loved the feel of the wind brushing against his skin as he ran, the burning in his lungs and pushing his body to it's extremeist limits. He ran through the woods nearby today, to investigate. Chiodos was blocking Tyler from the world and he let himself run faster, the heavy guitars taking him away. His mind was cleared, thinking of nothing but his longs strides and the beat of the drums. Tyler is brought back to the day his parents died. Ironically he was being minded by Mariana and Kelvin. Amelia had been forcing Tyler to play dolls with her. Tyler remembered not liking the game, thinking it was pointless to dress up inanimate objects shaped like miniture humans and make them talk. But he did it for his little cousin. Tyler doubted that she could even remember then, when she didn't hate him. There was a knock on the door and Tyler had answered it. Two cops stood there, a man and a woman, with pained expressions on their face.

"Hey honey, are your parents home?" the woman had asked him in a gentle tone.

"No, I'm with my aunt and uncle," he had answered back, having no clue why they looked at each other and gave him a sympathetic smile. 

"Could we maybe talk to them for a moment?"

The funeral was three days later.

Tyler stopped abruptly and leaned against a tree, catching his breath. He didn't want to take a stroll into memory lane. He wanted to keep it all under lock and key. He didn't want to think about how his parents were shot in the bank. He didn't want to think about the fact that everyone he loved seemed to die. 

It isn't until  eight that night that Tyler snuck back in and upstairs and takes off his sweaty t-shirt. They never went into his room. There was nothing wrong with it in his eyes. It was painted cream, under Kelvins' wishes but Tyler had covered the walls with posters of bands he loved. Mariana and Kelvin did not approve of his tastes but could do nothing about it. They wouldn't have known he was missing. They would have had dinner without him, thinking he was still angry. When the whole time Tyler was running in the woods. Running. His only escape. He had began running when he was thirteen and it became a daily habit since then. Tyler didn't bother to do his homework. It wasn't as if anything he learned in school would be of any use to him later in life. It wouldn't contribute to salvaging Tylers' happiness. It wouldn't bring him back. There was a knock at the door and Tyler went over to answer it. Amelia was standing there.

"Yes?"

"Just wanted to say stay out of my way in school okay? I don't want to have anything to do with you."

"And you think I'd want to have any connection with you? You're sadly mistaken." Tyler's eyes bore down at her. Tyler was pretty tall, at around five foot eleven. She grunted.

"Put on a shirt, you're making me sick," she stalks off to her room. That was a total lie, Amelia always thought Tyler was cute but when she found out he was gay she pretended to be repulsed by everything he did. She had been raised thinking that homosexuals were wrong and that's the way she thought. 

* * *

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading. (: