29

A/N: Amelia will be portrayed by the lovely, gorgeous Cindy Kimberly. A picture of her is included on the side, hope this is helping you all visualise this story. x

Oh, I also found out who the ginger is! Her name is Cintia Dicker. She's 29 in real life & I thought that was perfect because Harry is 28 in this story! Ahah.

Harry's POV

It had been precisely a week after the interview with NewsWorthy, and the media only amplified my name. Displaying clips of our little chat on every blog and using it to make clever headlines. I couldn't walk the streets without people yelling my name, wanting to chat with me, asking me questions, wanting autographs, and asking for pictures.

Niall hasn't answered any of the texts I'd send him and whenever I asked Amelia about him, she'd simply ignore the subject. I missed him. I craved his attention, not anyone else's. I sometimes caught myself wondering what he was doing every hour of the day.

Sighing, I unlocked the front door of my house and went to my bedroom. I fell back on to my bed, stretching my sore arms and legs. Whenever I rolled over, I noticed the check from the news channel that I needed to cash and on top of it, Maya's number.

Hesitantly, I grabbed it and unfolded it, displaying various numbers in bright red ink. I grabbed my phone that was overflowing with notifications and slowly typed the numbers into it.

Maybe it was because I was lonely, or maybe it was because I was still pissing over seeing Niall and Amelia together, but somehow I had my phone to my ear waiting for Maya to answer the call.

"Hello?" she answered after two rings.

I swallowed. "Maya? This is Harry."

"Harry! Oh, I was hoping to hear from you. Unless it's something bad, of course. Was there something wrong with the check?"

"No, it's fine. I haven't cashed it in yet, but I'm sure it's fine! I was just calling to, uh, ask if you'd like to go out for a drink?"

"Yes, that would be so nice," she laughed. "I've had quite the week."

"Me as well," I sighed. "See you here at nine?"

"Yes! See you." She hung up the phone, and I felt a harsh pang in my chest. Did I make a mistake? I wondered. But, this isn't any different than Niall agreeing to go to coffee with Amelia.

I shook the thought from my head and proceeded to get myself ready. I decided on a white button-up, black jeans, and brown boots. I added enough gel to my hair to slick it back but not enough to make it appear dirty. As I finished up, I couldn't help but picture all of the nights I spent in here trying to make myself look good for Niall. I sighed and covered myself in cologne, then left the bathroom.

A little before 9:00, I heard a buzzing sound that let me know someone was at my gate. I pressed the button underneath the security camera that shows me who's there (for safety reasons, of course).

"Come on in, it'll open automatically," I spoke into the mic. Minutes later Maya appeared at my doorstep. My jaw nearly dropped at her appearance. If Niall can gawk over Amelia, who says I can't do the same over someone else?

Her ginger hair was pulled back, leaving half of it in a clip and half of it resting long on her shoulders in a semi-wavy style. A black dress covered her body and stopped flowing just above her knees. A necklace hung around her neck and the contrast between it and her dress made her eyes even more blue. I saw Niall's eyes in her eyes.

"Hey," she whispered shyly. "Nice to see you again, Harry."

"You too!" I smiled. "You look great. Shall we go? I hope it isn't too early for a drink."