Chapter 7: The Stalker

My eyes shot open to a horrible dream. Brynn had left her ring on the pillow and flew back to California alone, without a note or anything. So far, she was still sleeping beside me but that didn't brush away the fear of her regretting everything in the morning. Heart pounding scared shitless, falling back asleep was doomed impossible.

Awake since 5:30am, desperately wanting to wake Brynn up and ask her if she still wanted to marry me. I had no problem watching her till then. Hours passing like minutes, her body began to move around more. Sensing her stretching her legs and back under the covers, I pretended to be asleep.

The grumbling in her throat gave me clear indication she was up. When my eyes opened, her hand was raised in the air, gazing at the ring. Hesitant to look at her face, yet I was caught by surprise to see her biting her lips and...looking genuinely happy. I shifted my head, catching her attention. A pair of enormous greenish honey brown irises looking back at me, smiling.

"Good morning." I whispered.

"Good morning, future husband." she grinned.

"Ah, music to my ears. You don't know how thrilled I am to hear you say that."

"Why, did you honestly believe I was that drunk I wouldn't remember?"

"Ugh...maybe?"

"I actually dreamt about our wedding..." she added, in a daze.

"About that, I know this is a huge step for us. So I want you to decide on the date. And I don't mean it like I'm throwing the weight on you. It's just if it were up to me...I'd marry you in the next 30 minutes...or a year if you needed."

Smiling even wider, she looked back at her hand. "It's going to take me a while to get used to this."

"A good thing?" I asked perplexed.

"A wonderful thing!"

"Just don't punch me with that hand now." I kissed her forehead.

Laughing she snuggled up next to me, and I held her for the next hour or so. We eventually got our things together and made it to the airport. A worthy trip after all, unforgettable New York. I had someone take a couple of pictures of us in front of the window with the aircrafts in the back; a keep sake. And while Brynn wasn't looking, I'd catch her snapping pictures of her hand with her phone camera; texting like crazy.

"I'm going to get us some coffee for the flight. Your usual?"

Brynn nodded, embarrassed that I caught her in another snap shot. Except she included me in one before I walked off. After placing the order, my phone began to beep consistently. When I checked, there were about 5 texts of congratulations. Devin, Elizabeth, Lilah, Isaiah and Janet; I hadn't even told my friends yet. There was no better time as I waitied for my coffee. Soon their texts also filled my inbox.

"Aaron, one Tall Vanilla Spice Latte and Venti Caramel Macchiato!"

"Thanks." I smiled and tipped the jar.

Walking back, my phone wouldn't stop going off still. I handed Brynn her cup, and took out my phone again. Paralyzed and faking a smile, in order to not startle her, I looked at another picture from the mysterious sender. This time it was of us two dancing last night at the club and it had the wordcongratulations. There was no mistake this was some sort of harassment. I looked around for any sign of suspicious bystanders and saw nothing.

Tempted to delete it but realizing this was evidence, I saved it and refused to show it to Brynn. The last thing she needed was to feel unsafe and paranoid. Once I got back, I'd go to the police and see if there was a way they could retrieve the number somehow. In the meantime Brynn, my fiancé, was sitting there innocently.