Chapter 5: NYC

5 months later...

I had been looking for places to rent out in San Diego. It wasn't as close to Brynn as I would've liked but it was close enough considering our previous situation. The drive was approximately 2 hours to Beverly Hills, a commute I would willingly make to see Brynn on the weekends; or every day.

A week had gone by since I had returned from my long trip along the South Pacific. I hadn't seen Brynn yet; we were still finishing the compilation of all our observation reports. We were getting ready to give a small conference at Columbia University, NYC. Yes, I was going to New York and taking Brynn with me.

I wanted to surprise Brynn with a special trip for our 6 month anniversary and pretend like I had forgotten. I figured that since the conference was only for two days, we could stay an extra three to do whatever we wanted. This would be my first time visiting New York and I already had a feeling that this was going to be the place.

I already had our plane tickets and map of the city; I was going to give them to Brynn tonight. I wanted to take her out for a fancy dinner but she insisted on staying at her place, I wasn't going to argue that. Regardless, I still dressed up for her in black from head to toe.

I don't know how we made it this time but I was so thankful we did. Whether through texts, FaceTime or just a five minute phone call, I made sure to keep in touch every day. I also threw in a couple of floral deliveries and cards to add me some more points. I loved seeing the shrine she had of us on her dresser in the background of our chats.

It was now time, after so many months I was finally about so see my girl. I knocked on the door while counting down the seconds. Brynn was so cute and bubbly once she saw me. I felt the same way but kept calm. She was smiling as she grabbed my hand to pull me inside. But it wasn't till she ran her fingers through the back of my head that I gave in and smothered her in my arms as I breathed in her perfume.

Not only was I greeted by the most mesmerizing woman, but she looked taller too. She had the same idea, dressed to give me a stroke on the spot. I didn't pay much attention to the girl trends but she could seriously rock any outfit. She wore her favorite lavender color in a short dress and pumps that made her legs look even sexier. Every detail about her was worth bragging about.

I squeezed that girl for at least 10 minutes before letting go. The smell of her hair had brought back so many memories. After we let go, I quickly dove in for a taste of the sweetest pink lips I had been craving for the past 5 months. Invigorated, I prolonged the kiss for as long as our mouths could go without air.

Brynn looked vibrant, her face fresh and skin radiant. Her scent was enough for me to fly her to the bed and take her. And I intended to, with the first sign I got. But for now she needed to be romanced. And if the plan should backfire that would be fine too; just as long as I got to hold her.

We ate dinner right away and so I decided to break some 'difficult' news. But before I could play my prank, she had a surprise of her own. She went upstairs to her bedroom while I cleaned up. Then I walked around the loft to see the changes she had made since I'd been there.

When I walked into the living room I noticed a bunch of pictures of us that I had never seen before. I believed two of them were from her 17th birthday. And others were of me. I felt adored, like a celebrity.

"Babe, where did you get these pics from?"

"Oh..." she peeked down. "I actually got those from Lilah. Some she took of us and the other ones I kind of stole off her computer."

She came down stairs with a white envelope. "Are you freaked out?"

"No way, you should've seen my room on the boat. Except they were printed pictures of our FaceTime chats...Anyway, what do you have there?" I signaled at her hands.