AUTHORS NOTE

I know you're all dying to get to the story but I have something to say before everything gets a little confusing.

Firstly, I know that I'm not the best writer out there. I've read so many fanfictions that I love and I'm no way as good as them. I just wanted to give it a go for fun! I have to admit the first few chapters of this are pretty sloppy and I'm sorry. I was trying too hard to level up to other writers but once I got into the swing of it, I took it into my own hands. When Dylan reaches Wright-Patterson my writing slowly gets better, I tell you. I can see it myself.

Secondly, a little disclaimer, this fanfiction is going to be based on the book AND the movie. For example: I'm well aware in the book that Sergeant Reznik is a dude but in my story, I decided I'd use the movie idea and make her a woman because I thought it would fit the way I write better.

So basically, some parts will be from the book, some from the movie and some completely made up by yours truly.

Lastly, I do not own The 5th Wave that credit goes to the amazing Rick Yancy. The only things I own are Dylan/Switchblade and her thoughts and dialogue. The original story belongs to Rick.

Oh and updates will be every Friday between 5pm and 7pm.

That is everything I wanted to say, I hope I didn't bore you and I you enjoy the story!

Love you all
- Jasmine x