16 [I UPDATED OMG WHAT]

'Cassie?' I breathe in utter shock.

Cassiopeia Sullivan isn't dead.

But I thought Ben Parish was dead so my thoughts don't exactly have the best track record at this point.

'Cassie? My name's Ben Parish. We used to go to high school together.' Zombie says calmly while holding hands out in front of him.

The look on Cassie's face is a mix of shock and disbelief, which are almost the same thing, but that doesn't matter. She begins to lower the gun and a smirk begins to form on her face as she looks from me to Zombie and then back again.

'I know who you are.' She says and then turns to me. 'Both of you.'

'What squad are you in?' Zombie continues and Cassie's confused look returns.

'I.. I'm looking for my brother, Sam.' She says handing Zombie back his gun. He takes it and puts it back in his belt.

Man, I can't believe I even doubted Nugget.

'Sam? Sam Sullivan?' Zombie asks and Cassie nods still looking what I would call just a tiny but confused.

'We're looking for him now.' I tell Cassie.

'Do you know how to get to him?' Her face brightening slightly.

'I know a way to get to him. I just don't know the way to the way.' I say and Zombie turns to me with an 'are-you-being-serious-right-now?' look and I almost stick my tongue out at him. Just like the old Dylan would.

But I'm not Dylan. She's dead. She died a long time ago. Enter Private Switchblade. She's hardcore. She's badass and she's everything Dylan wasn't.

'Right then,' Zombie starts, still holding back a laugh at my earlier statement. 'I know a way to the way and we need to go now if you ever want to see you're brother again.'

'Okay, lead the way.' Cassie says and Zombie jogs away.

I take a deep breath and start to run behind him, I'm starting to get a stitch and it's making breathing quite difficult let alone running. Just as my feet begin to the the ground in an even rhythm Cassie grabs my wrist and pulls me into a tight hug.

'I missed you so much.' She whispers into my hair. I'm so shocked at the hug almost I forget to hug back.

'I missed you too.' I reply eventually coming to my senses. I can feel Cassie's warm breath on my neck.

I pull away and see her face is wet with tears. I take her hand.

'Come on. Let's go get Sam.'

She nods and we begin running. I can just see Zombie disappear round the corner. I run faster with Cassie continuing to keep up with me. She used to play soccer and was on the school's team so she's probably used to running.

But in this world, everyone's used to running. That's all we do. If we stopped we'd be dead. We won't stop running until we die.

The building begins to shake again and I cover my head to dodge the pieces of stone that are falling from the roof above me. The whole corridor is filled with dust that when the still flashing lights shine through looks like a sort of eerie mist.