NMMTAD- Epilogue

Enjoy the Epilogue to Not Mate, Mute. There's a Difference. The story of Bluebell West and Troy Quill is now complete.

            “Bell babe, I’m home!” Troy shouted throwing his coat onto a hanger and yawning. A long week visiting the other packs in the area had made him miss home and sleep and Bluebell. “What no welcoming committee?”

            The sound of feet running his way made him grin. Dropping his bag he bent down just in time to grab up the twins in a tight bear hug. “Daddy!”

            “Oh my gosh! Have I been gone a week? You two grew a whole foot!” Troy shouted looking from Amy to Mike. Both twins had inherited his looks while their older siblings looked exactly like their mother or a mix of both parents. The twins laughed shaking their heads.

            “No, we didn’t grow at all. We’re still little.” Amy pouted. At six the twins couldn’t wait to be older and have the same privileges at their older siblings.

            “Don’t worry baby girl, you’ll be bigger before you know it and then you’re going to wish you’d never grown up.” He joked setting the two down.

            “Never!” Mike yelled. “I want to grow up. I don’t want to stay little! Mom! Dad is lying! Lying is bad!” Mike ran off in search of Bluebell and Troy laughed.

            Amy giggled and said, “Mommy is in the kitchen making breakfast and cookies.”

            “Wonderful, I’m starving. Where’s Gi-Gi and Papa? And your siblings for that matter?” Scooping up the girl again Troy started off down the hall.

            Amy grinned and pointed to the door. “Gi-Gi and Papa are out in the woods.” Troy glanced out a window but couldn’t get a glimpse of Alpha West or Celeste. They were probably farther in the woods, Celeste in the trees and West running on the ground. The two were inseparable since they got back together eighteen short years ago. He could hardly believe so much time had passed.

            Now Blazing Moon Song was the strongest pack in the country, the second in the world. They were unchallenged with no enemies and were enjoying the period of peace. The town had expanded over the years to accommodate the two packs merging together. The land that had been left by Stone Pack was now part of Blazing Moon Song. The pack had expanded over that area and more. Thankfully all territory was taken peacefully under much negotiation and never unfairly.

            “Where are Sasha and Whitney at baby girl?” Troy asked Amy as he looked around for his two older daughters. Sasha was the eldest at sixteen and Whitney was second at thirteen. Kyle came third at ten and then the twins. Three girls and two boys in all, and a loving mate, he was a happy man.

            Bluebell Quill looked up from her cooking as she watched the twins race off. Smiling she waited patiently for them to greet their father and drag him to the kitchen. Mike came running in a minute later tugging on her dress and yelling about Troy lying.

            -Don’t worry. Mommy will punish daddy later. - She signed down to her son. –Go sit back at the table and finish cutting out cookies with your brother. -

            Kyle’s full attention was set concentrating on making the most of the rolled out cookie dough so he could make plenty of cookies. Each cut was done with delicate precision. Mike jumped up into his chair grabbing a cookie cutter and began stamping random cuts into the dough. Kyle growled watching his hard work be thrown aside by disorder. Bluebell watched with interest as the two fought it out playfully by throwing dough scraps at each other. Ash walked in and caught a scrap in the air throwing it back and hitting Mike square in the forehead. The child’s eyes grew wide in amazement as the dough stuck to his head and he clawed at it to remove it missing only because he refused to focus on the actual object rather than the fun of clawing his own forehead.