NMMTAD- 20

Still in Future

Bluebell’s P.O.V.

            You know that point when you’re so sure of yourself that you think nothing could ever change your mind? When your own stubborn nature is hurting you instead of helping you? Then something happens that breaks every wall, no matter how new or old, and washed away your pain in a flood of happiness. For about ten seconds I had that feeling. Nothing mattered but the fact that he had come back.

            Screw my father. He was a weak liar. He was as right in the head as mom was. Not even bothering to close the car door behind me I took off running for the wolf. It’s eyes flashed in the moon light as it watched me. For a moment time slowed and it’s head raised to howl. My blood went cold as a chorus of howls erupted around me. This was not Troy.

            “If I’m correct boys, then this is the next Alpha Female of the Blazing Fire Pack. Too bad Troy ain’t around to see us snatch his mate.”

            I spun around shaking in fear. The wicked grin of a man towering at far above Troy’s height loomed over me. The thought to use my powers came too late.

Back to the Present

Troy’s P.O.V.

            It only took a second for chaos to erupt upstairs. Delilah looked at me curiously as I went up to the cage bars.

            “How do you plan on getting out?”

            I grinned and grabbed the bars. “These things are normal metal.”

            Delilah’s eyes widened to the size of plates. “Nu uh.”

            I pulled on them hard and they bent and snapped. “These are meant for the weak and sick no one cares about. I suspect they kill anyone powerful enough to break these easily as I can.”

            Delilah nodded a little dazed and pulled on her own bars. They resisted but bent a little. “Guess I’m not that strong.”

            I reached over and pulled open her door. It’s lock snapped right open. Delilah rolled her eyes. “Why didn’t you do that to your own door?”

            “Does it make a difference?”

            “No.” She scoffed looking around sadly before up at the door. Wisteria and Regina came racing in. Wisteria grabbed Delilah in a bone crushing hug. Regina passed me with a nod and began opening cages. “You better get going, Alpha.”

            I nodded and turned racing up the stairs following the directions Delilah gave me. As soon as I entered the upstairs I became aware of just how violent things were. The Howl Song was extracting its revenge on its brothers. Nothing could be heard above the sound of fighting. Taking off running left I watched for the second right hallway. As it came into sight so did a bloody wolf, teeth bared. It lunged and skidded to a stop waiting and ducking down just as it passed overhead. Both of us whipped around to face the other. I growled, I didn’t have time to shift.

            Out of nowhere a Howl Song she-wolf appeared pinning down the larger Blood Claw male. She nodded to me urging me to go on. Nodding my thanks back I went down the right hallway. Not knowing how long it was I went full sprint. The sooner I got Celeste the sooner we could get out of this blood bath. Scarlet was sure to try to wipe out her brother’s pack tonight.