NMMTAD- 8

Sorry it's been so long. I'm on vacation, but I'm trying. :)

Bluebell’s p.o.v.

            I was racing down the stairs as I pulled on a jean jacket over my yellow blouse and shorts. Today should be a school day, but instead I was going to have to go back to the Quill household to retrieve my dad. The pack doctor had assured us that Dad was fine and would recover well but I wanted him out of there. Basil and the others were in the car as I turned it on and drove out of the house towards town.

            “Where are we going?” Cypress whined grumpily after not being able to sleep.

            “School,” Ash growled understanding immediately as I pulled up to the school. “No way!”

            I turned around in my seat glaring at them until they got out and trudged toward the building. Basil stayed in the car arms crossed. He refused to move as I shoved his shoulder lightly. Daffodil laughed in the back seat and reached forward pushing Basil as well. “Move, Basil!”

            He shot her a look and she got quiet before laughing at him again. He shook his head and got out of the car not saying a word to me. Daffodil protesting in the back I took her to school getting out and dropping her off inside with her teacher.

            “Bluebell! I want Dad!” Daffodil yelled pulling on my arm. I shook my head and signed, No.

            She was upset. I left her with her teacher jumping in the car and freezing as someone knocked on the window. I looked up to see Mrs. Quill. I sighed in relief and got back out grabbing my notepad from the glove compartment. “Bluebell, I want to apologize for my husband.”

            And I must apologize for my father. He shouldn’t have lied to all of you.

            “Oh, my darling, neither you nor your father has no reason to apologize. My husband has quite the temper when he is afraid for his pack. You see, he seemed to think you were lying and were part of the Stone Pack. He thought you were going to try and kill him so the Stone Pack could take over. He’s a smidge paranoid. All he needs is for you to reassure him you aren’t part of the Stone Pack.”

            I am not a full dryad or werewolf or human, but I am much more dryad than werewolf. I may be the future alpha of the Moon Song pack but I am no werewolf.

            True shock filled Mrs. Quill’s features. “You are a future alpha? Of the Moon song pack?”

            I told you the alpha goes to every other first born.

            “Yes, but you said since you weren’t werewolf that you couldn’t be alpha.”

            I decided even though I’m only part werewolf that I will be alpha. I don’t need to shift to rule a pack. I have powers as a dryad.

            Now she was curious. “Oh and what powers might those be?” I gave her a look and she blushed. “Sorry, prying. I’m just curious.” She ducked her head looking up at me with big eyes.

            You want to see a power don’t you? If I could talk it would be with sarcasm.

            She smiled, “Well yes.”

            I smiled back and motioned for her to get in the car. She hesitated for a moment before getting in as well. I drove out of town stopping a good ways out though not yet to Phoenix or Wolf Street. Pulling off to the side of the road I got out motioning for her to follow. I was actually excited to show off. I never got to use my powers especially when Dad or Grandpa was around. They wouldn’t like it if they knew I was more dryad than anything. Dryads were secluded people of their domains.