NMMTAD- 14

Short but dramatic and needed to be posted. Enjoy

Alpha West’s P.O.V.

            I stared down Alpha Quill as our packs returned filing into the Quill pack house. Bluebell came and joined me at my side and Troy stood by her side staring right back. Our packs gathered before us mixed together. Members of my pack sat with members of his and vice versa. I growled low in my throat seeing everything I’d worked to rebuild fall to pieces. My pack had already been destroyed once and now this young foolish alpha was taking my pack and my granddaughter.

            What was so important about mates? My own mate betrayed me. The dryad was nothing but a liar. I was glad she was gone. I didn’t want the same pain I suffered to be my granddaughters as well though. Our family seemed to have a history of having bad mates from my traitor mate to my son’s psycho alcoholic mate. If he wanted her he would have to prove himself worthy of her.

            But for now they were the least of my problems. At this rate there wouldn’t be a pack left for my granddaughter to inherit. There was always the rest of the pack back home but they were mostly mate less. If they came I suspected they would find their mates as well.

            Grandfather, what are you thinking about? You look troubled. Bluebell signed to me.

            “Nothing,” I said then quickly signed, All of this mating must stop now.

            Why? This is a good thing. The packs were meant to be together. Bluebell stared at me innocent and confused.

            You know how I feel about mates.

            Yes I do, but you need to understand that not everyone is like Grandmother. Bluebell stared me down not at all effected by my alpha power, a good trait for a future alpha though something that could get her in big trouble with other alphas. Being a dryad and not a werewolf would cause a lot of problems for her.

            Maybe not but that doesn’t mean I like the fact that my pack is being destroyed in front of my eyes.

            Destroyed? Her mouth dropped open in shock and I could see Troy trying to understand our signing. My gaze flickered across the crowd and I realized a few of the wolves understood part of what we were saying.

            How many know how to sign here?

            Bluebell blinked once taken back by the irrelevant question and answered, I don’t know. A few I guess. Louise knows a lot for sure and Troy is learning. They provide sign language class here.

            I growled and signed, We will talk later.

            Bluebell nodded not signing anything to answer. “Care to let us in on your conversation Alpha West?”

            “No Alpha Quill, I do not. Now would you please explain what has happened?” I snarled not like his tone. He may be an alpha but I was an elder alpha and his superior still.

            Troy glanced at the crowd of our packs in the room and said, “Well it’s quite obvious our packs are meant to be joined. Our mate less wolves and yours have found their soul mates. Just like Blubell-“

            “Bluebell,” I interrupted. “Is the future alpha of the Moon Song pack, a pack that will remain separate from yours. No more of our pack will be coming here and those that wish to stay may stay.” I stared him down but he didn’t break gazes with me challenging me for the right to speak. Both of us broke off at the same time.

            “How long are you going to keep this up?” He asked me. With a wave of his hand he sent his pack away.

The members of my pack stayed and the newly mated hovered half here and half gone wanting to follow their soul mates but not wanting to leave without permission. I waved my hand and sent them off leaving only Alphas and the Betas. I glanced at Jonah who was standing next to Troy’s sister Rachel and scowled. Troy noticed and frowned at me.

            “Jonah…” I growled in warning. My beta shrunk back slightly but didn’t take his arm from around his mate. He pulled Rachel slightly behind him.

            “Alpha West you must understand that mates are meant to be together. You can’t keep them apart.” Troy growled. I knew he was talking about Bluebell and him and not my beta and his sister.

            “Don’t pretend to know more than I do young Alpha. I’m the elder alpha here not you.” Another stare down began neither one of us breaking.

            “You may be the elder but you are letting your own heartbreak get in the way of your pack moving forward. You’re rooted in the past and you can’t live that way and neither can your pack.”

            I was seeing red, but Bluebell’s hand on my shoulder calmed me down. I turned to see what she had to say. What aren’t you telling me? She asked looking lost.

            I hesitated. I want you to tell him you’re his mate.

            You want me to tell him I know? Why?

            Because this needs to get over with. You need to reject him.

            She gawked at me and suddenly slapped me. I couldn’t speak I was in shock. My granddaughter had never been violent in any way and now she slapped me? Before I knew it she was gone the door slamming in the front of the house and everyone around me waiting for an answer. I sighed heavily. I was getting to old for such drama. A annoying voice in my head told me I should stop creating it then.

            “What happened?” Troy asked.

            I sighed and told him, “She knows.”

            Just as quick as she had gone Troy disappeared running after his mate. He probably wouldn’t find her though. She was probably in the trees looking for Mahalia. My betas looked at me expectantly and I said, “Tell the pack they can stay if they want, but the ones without mates here must return to our pack house immediately. That includes my grandchildren even if they’re found mates.

Sorry its so short! uploading soon! promise!