ChapterV

Chapter V

"You must not be serious Honoria , I win a fair hand in our card game ".. Added Lock Hart

" You won thrice to many Lock Hart , I doubt if , I must speak boldly in fairity" replied Honoria

"Your hand ,keep your cards folded I've caught you many times "said Lock Hart

Honoria was vexed he cheated though she aided her cards were revealed to him easily . "I'm finished " state Honoria.

"We've just begun another game you cannot just leave the game yet it hasn't been concluded "smiled Lockhart mischievously.

"This proper lady has ended her part in this game" Honoria added turning her head away from his person.

"I jest " stated Lock Hart

"Take me for a walk I have not had exercised" insisted Honoria

"I did not have this in mind -

" A walk is a walk , I'm not intending to escape look at this petticoat do you think a woman wearing such a petticoat as myself could flee , I wouldn't get far If you weary tie a rope to my wrist interlocking with your own". Added Honoria

"So brilliant yet so beautiful though I'd have to consider it " added Lock Hart in truth he knew she was right she wouldn't get far in the petticoat though he did not want to share her with any other he was more unwilling to.

"What are your thoughts , I'm aware of the way you drift into them habitually" added Honoria

"Nothing " Lock Hart said simply.

"Cannot be of truth " said she Lady Honoria prodded farther each day he'd mistakenly reveal something to Her if she could learn all she could she could indeed use it to her own advantage to plan her own escape from this highwayman although he has been very discreet and kind for a captor she was ready to be onto her life that had been taken away.

The maidservant came in with a platter her stomach rumbled at the welcoming smell she assumed it to be night there were no windows in her room though through the door where the maid walked in it was growing dark the maid a candle.

Honoria found herself thanking the maidservant while the maidservant nodding in response to her thanks before swiftly taking her leave.

" Is she captive like me?" Honoria found herself inquiring

"No , she's volunteered she's been around me for a long time hasn't left "spoke Lock Hart

"Your Men don't bother her?" Honoria added wearily

"Now though they may be thief's they are good men in character" replied Lock Hart

"How now if they are thieves how are they good men ?" Honoria found herself saying .

Lock Hart smiled and pushed her meal to her he laughed when her stomach gave way with a gurgle "Eat.

"I'm not hungry" said Honoria

" I think your stomach opposed against you " Lockhart laughed once more

" It did not !" Said Honoria

Gurgle

"Did so "spoke Lock Hart points to the noise her stomach.

Honoria found herself laughing as well.

They both engaged In pleasant conversations he inquired of her about her life she found herself sharing more than shed rather will of her friends mentioning her first governess and her last Lock Hart found it amusing she was defiant he pointed out she had been present though she denied and they'd begun to carry on more conversations he expressed some of his own childhood memories and the books he read to her surprise or re-read .

Honoria reluctantly said grace and ate her meal with her stomach gave her away she found herself warming in some ways to him and saw light in his eyes when he talked to her .