Chapter 36

[Some Park]

[June 9 202X, 03:17 EST]

Jason's POV

"I don't think so." Dear old daddy said heroically standing in front of me like he owns the place. Screw him and his stupid morals. "He's leaving here. But he's coming with us."

Us?

"Hey, Todd. Miss me bastard?" Damian asks arrogantly in his squeaky high pitched annoying voice while cocking a grin me.

I don't know what's worse.

Getting strangled to death by a Disney cartoon.

Or getting saved by brains and bronze along with his brat of a sidekick.

"Live ammo. Real blades. Go!" The lion barks out commands like he's Nick Fury. His furry friends do as he says but Bruce and Damian intervene.

"Hit them and-"

"Don't let Jason get away. Yeah, I know." Damian says before he starts knocking teeth out.

Okay. This wasn't entirely unexpected.

I knew Bruce would show up.

But I didn't expect us to be fighting on the same side.

"God! You're half feline! How could you be so slow." Damian said arrogantly before pouncing carelessly on her while Bruce engages in a hand to hand combat with Black Panther.

I feel air returning to my lungs as his hairy paws let go if my throat. He turns around and I see his eyes staring at Damian like he's a gazelle. Shit!

"Because she was simply a distracting you!" He roars charging at him. I react just in time and push Simba onto the ground.

I'm able to pin him down at first giving Damian a chance to get away and take she-lion down but I don't hold that advantage for very long. His claws go for my neck again trying to push my body off of him.

"You're vulnerable, Red Hood. No armor, no weapons," he says as I feel my back hit the ground. His hairy face and sharp teeth only an inch away from my nose. "Just skin. And skin does something to us animals."

"Jason!" Bat's yells. I see him holding a canister of fear gas and I turn my head, hold my breath, and close my eyes. This stuff is not pleasant.

The lion doesn't notice until it's too late. Once he inhaled the fear gas I easily pushed him off and got back up.

Funny. I'd thought that Bruce would have hit me with the fear gas too.

That's the thing about being a part of the bat family.

They're always afraid if making the tough moves.

Tim.

Dick.

Stephanie.

Damian.

Barbara.

They draw a line some point. No killing, no guns, having mercy.

And it always comes back to Bruce. The original Bat. The Dark Knight, King of Gotham, Gotham's protector.

He is the line in the sand. He limits their opinions.

But me.

I don't have limits.

I look over to see Damian kicking the crocodile's teeth in and I see my opening.

I run over to the crocodile man and grab his left hand giving me control of his gun. He starts to struggle so I shot his left foot.

Everyone stops fighting and I get their full attention.

"I don't know if the reptile over here can regenerate, but if not, he's only going to need one shoe from now on,"  I yank the gun so the end of it is pointed right where his pea sized brain is. "But I don't think he can grow back his head, so..."

"We can take him!" I hear Damian tell Bruce.

"Don't move," Bruce tells him.

"He's right, shorty." I agree with Bruce.

"I'll kill this murder-for-hire dirtbag before you have the chance to make a Crocodile Dundee joke." I say.

I can feel the confusion in Damian's eyes. This kid doesn't know the classics? Bet he doesn't even know what Jurassic Park is.

"Now... I'm going to walk Dino here, and if either of you try and stop me I'll-" before I can finish my sentence I feel something hit the back of my neck.

I try and pull the trigger but my body feels so heavy. Even my finger won't move an inch.

How is this possible. Bruce and Damian are right in front of me and the shot came from behind.

My eyes start to droop and my knees start to give out. I'm not able to turn my head to see who shot me but before everything turns black but I do hear a familiar voice utter the words "I'm so sorry."

Hmm. How ironic. The person who wants to protect you the most ends up being the one who takes you down.

"Arsenal...."

=================

[Some Cafe]

[June 8 202X, 11:56 BST]

Dick sits there, stunned.

His whole life was dictated by people he didn't know like a freaking puppet.

All the pain he went through, the grief that Bruce, Wally, Jason, Tim, and everyone else had to go through, was just part of a plan.

The nightmares that kept him up at night.

All those years of being tortured.

The feeling of being used and broken.

All those self-inflicted scars.

It was all part of a failed plan.

The worst thing about all of this was the fact that Slade knew all along.

The only person who kept him alive for all those years, that acted like a father to him, the man he trusted his life with, knew about everything from the very get go.

Helena and Tiger wait for a reaction. They were expecting a total melt down from Dick but they don't get one. Instead, they stared at Dick's cold empty light blue eyes. It was the same look he had on his face when his parents died.

Suddenly those gentle clear blue eyes he had turned into a look no one has seen in nearly a whole year.

"Hehehe..." Dick starts chuckling.

"Hahahahahahaha....." The laughter grows and so does his grin.

"AhAHAhaAhAHAHahaAhAaha" People started to stare at Dick as he continues to laugh.

Shivers start to run down Helena's back. It's like she's heard that same sadistic laugh somewhere before.

Dick finally comes down from his hysteria and tilts his head to the side smiling at the two spies who ruined his life.

"You know, I use to know this guy. He told me that it only took one bad day." Dick starts off saying. He leans closer to face the two.

"So, do you two think clowns are funny?"

Word count: 1080 words

========================

AN: I should mention during this part of the Batman and Robin 2009, Dick is the one dressed up as Batman and he's the one that was integrating Jason and is the one helping him now. But since Dick is doing his own thing so Bruce is the one saving Jason in my fic.