Chapter 14

[???]

[??? 202X ??]

Dick hissed at the sunlight. The bright sudden flash of light burned into his retinas. It had been years since he had seen the sun.

As Dick pushed the hatch up further and further, he felt a grainy substance fall down to the cold metal floor of his prison.

Sand?

Once the hatch was fully opened Dick found himself on a beach.

Sand and palm trees everywhere.

"Welcome back to the real world Dick." Slade says. Dick ignores him and climbs up the ladder like a curious monkey.

Once he was fully exposed to the outside world a great big smile grew on his face. He ran straight into the clear blue water like was a kid.

"I haven't  been to a beach since mom and dad passed." He recalled as he squatted down running his hand through the hot sand.

The boy whipped his head up as the waves crashed against the rocks. Without thinking, he ran into the ocean.

The waves knocked him down but he laughed it off. This had been the happiness he had been in years.

"I'm going to the hut and I'm going to start the barbeque, are you coming." Slade managed to catch Dick's attention by mentioning food. He got out of the water soaked to the bone with a smile on his face.

He was wearing an extremely worn out orange NHL T-shirt with holes here and there and a pair of dirty sweatpants that were obviously too small for him. He also started to develop muscle mass due to his brutal training with Slade.

As he walked up the beach Slade waited for him to get up the hill. He knew it would take a while for Dick to get used to new changes but it would  all be worth it.

===================

[Gotham City]

[August 23th 202X, 17:37 EST]

Dick was sitting on the wood floor of his living room in his new empty apartment. All that was in his apartment currently was a video camera facing him.

The teen took a deep breath in and pressed the recording button.

Hello, my name is Richard Grayson son of John and Mary Grayson. You might be wondering why am I filming myself.

Well if you are watching this I am dead. This video is my confession video, my apology video, my thank you video and my goodbye video.

First off I would like to say, Jason, I am giving you all of the money I earned while I was a mercenary. There should be a few million in your account once I die. Even though we didn't know each other for long you are still my little bro. If you ever decide to stop with your current life and want live a peaceful one with your hubby that should help.

And yes to all of you who don't know, Jason is still alive. But please let him come back on his own accord, don't go chasing him all around the world. He just needs some time. He also has people to help him so don't worry about him that much.

Speaking about worrying, the USB that I sent out as a threat was never going to be left in the wrong hands. The only copy I made was the one Bruce has.

And the head of the Joker was real.

Now that we cleared those to messes up I want to say all of my thank yous.

Thank you, Alfred, for being the Grandpa I never I had. You were someone I could always trust. You were always there for me when I got into fights with Bruce and you are a crazy good semester and cook. I never saw you as a butler, I saw you as my family.

Thank you to all my friends and family back in my Flying Grayson days. You guys did your best to educate me so I could live a good life and threw me the best birthday parties a kid could ever ask for. I will always cherish those memories.

Thank you to the Justice League for guiding me and being like my wacky Aunts and Uncles. You made life a whole lot more interesting for me and you keep the world safe.

Thank you to the Young Justice League for being a second family to me. When Kaldur, Wally and I formed this team it was to get some independence from our mentors. But now I understand that we are already independent. Mentors aren't teaching us to be them, they helping to guide us and let us choose our own path at the end of the day.

And Walls, I'm sorry that I'm embarrassing you in front of everyone but I'm even sorrier that never had the chance to say, I love you. I miss you so much but now that I am actually gone for good, this time, you can move on.

Deathstroke, you were the one who saved me from going insane. My knight in shining armor if you might. I know I keep on saying this over and over again I owe you my life. Thank you for teaching me, feeding me, giving me a place to stay after the incident. Your son would have been lucky to have an old man like you as his Dad.

Bruce, whether you are dead or alive now I just want you to know that if you hurt another kid again to watch your back because someone is watching yours.

And with that, Dick turned off his camera and let out another sigh wiping away the few tears that he wasn't able to hold in.

"How was that?" Dick asked.

"That seemed pretty legit to me."

"I don't know if I can fake my death. After all that's happened, don't you think that would be a waste?"

"You said it yourself right? Dick Grayson doesn't exist anymore. After this, you can live your life peacefully and also keep your eye on Bruce."

"But this is only going to be a last ditch effort okay Roy?"

"Yeah, yeah. My mouth is shut."

Word count: 1034 words

=======================

AN: Haha. I kind of pulled a season 1 on you guys didn't I? Keep on reading to piece together this mystery. Btw this is clone Roy not Jason's Roy