|7|

Adrien sat next to Marinette as her parents set the table. They talked until Sabine and Tom joined them and Adrien barely spoke a word.

"So Adrien what do you wanna be when you grow up? Marinette wants to be a fashion designer." Sabine smiled and noticed he was barely talking.

"Oh uhm I don't know. I guess I was going to stay a model." Adrien smiled.

"You should model for her." Tom smiled.

"I would dream of nothing else." Adrien smiled and Marinette blushed.

Marinette was fluent in Chinese but forgot when her uncle visited. Her and Sabine used it to talk in private when Tom was in the room so they're using it now. "I like this boy." Sabine smiled.

"Me too. Especially his wavy hair." Marinette smiled.

"Thanks I like my hair too." Adrien smiled.

"Marinette he knows Chinese! Marry him now!" Sabine yelled from the top of her lungs in Chinese.

"I wouldn't dream of leaving her." Adrien smiled and Marinette turned bright red.

"So Adrien what do you do as hobbies?" Tom asked.

"Well I fence, play piano and take Chinese." Adrien answered.

They finished eating and Marinette did the dishes while Adrien looked for his bag to go home. He knew where it was but wanted to see if she did deal with Black Magic. He looked through everything but couldn't find anything. "If I were Marinette where would I hid something."

"In a hidden compartment. Like a fake book or a fake shelf." Plagg burped. Adrien nodded and went through everything again until he found a fake bottomed drawer under her desk.

"Bingo." Adrien smirked and took the bottom out. "It's just dusty old books and dolls." Adrien picked up one of the torn dolls that had its leg ripped as the knee. He read through one of the books. "Hold up. She's using Voodoo and a love potion. That's a lot I hope she doesn't do more." Adrien put the dolls and books back into the hidden drawer and closed it. He grabbed his bag and went downstairs.

"That took a while. Where was it?" Sabine asked.

"Under your desk. I couldn't see it that well so I didn't think of checking there." Adrien smiled and left for home. Adrien dragged his feet back home and got there at sunset. He opened the door and was greeted with his father at the top of the stairs.

"Where were you?" Gabriel asked.

"With my girlfriend. Her family invited me over for dinner." Adrien shrugged.

"Since when did I allow you to have a girlfriend?"

"Since I let you stop controlling my life." Adrien said without thinking.

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior."

"All I did was talk back. Like every normal teenager would."

"But you're not normal. You are my son."

"Yeah and I'm tired of being just that. I'm tired of being just your son and nothing else. I don't want to live in your shadow anymore."

Gabriel was left speechless with Adriens actions. Has he really just put him in his shadow. "I see. Well if you want to live your own life I'll let you do it." Gabriel left and Adrien ran up to his room. Adrien got ready for school wanting to forget what Marinette was doing to him.

Adrien woke up and felt like someone was touching him. He shrugged it off and got dressed for school. It was Friday and  he was kicked off the soccer team for never being at practice. Adrien ate breakfast and made it to school right when Marinette did. They walked into the school.

"Hey Adrien can I talk to you!" Alya yelled from across the courtyard.

"Yeah sure." Adrien said.

"Can I talk to you alone." Alya crossed her arms.

Adrien looked at Marinette who nodded and walked away.  "Sure." They walked out of the school and Adrien felt a pain in his chest. Like his heart was breaking for not being with Marinette. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"You two." Nino said as he walked up to them. "You and Marinette.  You barely even notice us."

"I I don't mean too. I'm sorry it's just that Marinette is everything to me."  'What am I saying. Tell them about the dolls!' "I don't think I could live without her." 'Idiot'

"Your relationship is getting weird.  Your always together and you both are completely blocking out your friends."  Alya put her hands on her hips.

'Tell them about the dolls.'  "Marinette and I were made for each other. We're each other's best friends and partners. We don't need you." 'I hate myself. I need you guys!' Adrien stormed off into the classroom where Marinette was waiting for him.

"What did she wanna talk about?"  Marinette smiled.

"Nothing important." Adrien shrugged.  'I hate myself so much right now. When I get out of this I'm beating myself up.'  Adrien thought.  Alya and Nino walked in and scolded the two.

"What was that for?" Marinette asked Alya.

"Since you two are so in love you clearly don't need us.  Your each other's best friends and partners so why even have friends." Alya crossed her arms and her and Nino ignored the two from then on.

"Okay." Marinette turned back around and Ms.Bustier walked in.

{AFTER SCHOOL}

Marinette ran back to the shop with Adrien following close behind. She opened the door and walked in. "Madame Buscania? You here?"

"Yes. What can I do you for dear?"  Madame Buscania smiled as she came out of the storage room and handed Marinette a cup of tea.

"Would it be possible for someone who's under voodoos power to change?  Adrien was so sweet and then today he seemed so smothering."

'I was not!' Adrien listened in again. "If you want to protect that love they will do the same but will be more violent about it."

"Why didn't you tell me that!" Marinette yelled.

"Child voice.  It was not of importance. You do not need the dolls anymore."

"How do you know that?" Marinette raised a brow.

"Because he has always found love for you."

"No he didn't. If he did he would've shown it in someway.  He barely even noticed me and now he is and I couldn't be happier."

"Who knows you might be the kiss to save him from this. But you have to make the move." Marinette stormed out of the shop and Adrien ran home.