Was I Too Late?

EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WOULD UPDATE ONCE A WEEK.. I DECIDED TODAY CAUSE ITS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN FREE THIS WEEK HAHA!

SORRY I'VE HAD A TEST EVERYDAY THIS WEEK AND YA SCHOOL JUST SUCKS..

I SHOULD BE DOING EXTRA CREDIT BUT I CAN'T GET MYSELF TO DO IT AND ITS DUE TOMORROW :/.. OH WELL I THOUGHT YOU WOULD DESERVE AN UPDATE CAUSE YOUR JUST SOO AWSOME! YA I SAID IT! TAKE IT TO HEART TOO! HEHE

ANYWAYS I HOPE THE END OF THE LAST CHAPTER WASN'T TOO BAD FOR THOSE YOU WHO HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR.. I HOPE I'M NOT ASKING TO MUCH BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD THIS STORY IS.. I'M NOT ASKING FOR LIKE 1000000000000000000000000 RESPONSES BUT ONE WOULD DO JUST TO TELL ME ITS GOOD OR OKAY OR EVEN TO SAY HI.. HAHA IF NOT ITS COOL I UNDERSTAND.. I JUST HOPE ITS GOOD AND ALL.

SOOO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND LET ME CLUE YOU IN TO A SECRET.......

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier's POV

The whole place smelled of death and worst of all it was my mate's pack that was in distress and i wasn't able to be here to help her pack in its time of need. I took a glance at her and i automatically saw her struggle to keep everything together.

Why is she trying to be strong?

Did she know about any big threats??

"no i didn't know any big threats... we had made alliances with everyone around us." she struggled to say.

"did you just read my mind hun?"

"Xavier.. this isn't a time to joke." and with that she shifted and ran away from me, but i wasn't going to let her go alone in this mess. what if something bad happens to her? I can't let anything or anyone hurt her.

I followed her unitl i caught up with her in front of what i assumed was the alpha's house.

"Is.. this your house?"

"yes,".... " it is my family house?"

"oh ya.. i remembet being here for you brother's ceremony." i hadn't really thought what i just said but she shifted back and started to sob. i couldn't stand my baby being so hurt.

"Why me? Xavier, why did it happen to me?" she looked at me with her puffy red eyes and i'm pretty sure my heart broke a little bit.

i shifted back to her and craddled her in my chest. "shhh.. i don't know, but we will get through this." i softly told her.

"we?"

"yes, cause this is also my family." I felt her tingle inside with hope and i was proud of myself for being that thread of hope that she has and the person she could hold on to in situations like this.

"maybe we should look around and see if anyone survived and could tell us what happened?" i suggested.

"o-okay." she sniffled

i picked her up and started to carry her through her pack lands.

"I can walk Xav.."

"i know babe, but i wanna carry you-" i was caught off my something ruslting in the bushes. I place Clarity down and behind me for protection.

"Whose there?" i said in my alpha tone. ready to hurt anyone who is willing to put my mate in danger.

suddenly someone came bursting through the bushes and knocked me over, causing Clarity to stumble back.