The Unknown- Chapter 4

I didn't get a lot of reads on the last chapter but I'll blame it on that I uploaded really late last night!

****NOTE**** if you're reading this, please read previous chapters first, then come back and read it! I hope y'all like it! And as always read, comment, vote, and fan! Love y'all! edited by Emily, new cover soon to come!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The wedding went off without a hitch; no tripping and swearing, thank God. As Melanie and Ashley walked down the aisle, hand in hand and beaming, I ran my gaze over the crowd. I had a sense of familiarity as I thought I recognized some people, but I couldn't find one face. Well, except for Brody and my dad, who were still staring at me with two gaping holes where their soft smiles would be.

Suddenly, as my eyes drifted from stranger to stranger, I landed on a pair of eyes staring straight back at me, distilling my soul. I quickly looked away, confused and slightly embarrassed because his smirk make it seem like he's seen me naked. I shuddered, but I snuck another glance only to find that he was gone. My eyes scanned through the crowd that began to rustle and stand. I pushed the stranger's face from my mind and began down the aisle, clutching Drew's arm to steady myself. Apparently he enjoyed it, for he smirked and stroked my arm. I noticed what I was doing and released my death grip. The doors closed behind us as the crowd rose. Pew by pew, they filed out of the church and into cars headed for our quietly decorated ranch. Once away from everybody, I shed my high heels and ran for my truck, my bare feet pounding on the pavement.

As I reached for the handle, someone placed a rough, hard-worked hand over my soft, pale one. Brody. I turned to face his bright and enchanting eyes, and I couldn't help smiling. I patted his arm and pushed him away from the handle with my hip. He didn't budge, the strong devil. Brody smirked as humor slipped into his blue eyes.

"Dude, get on the other side or walk," I laughed, still trying to push him out of the way. He released his hand and his face came to the side of my head. His breath tickled my ear as he whispered,

"You look beautiful today, Annie. More than usual."

I blushed and looked down, trying not to face him.

"Oh great, this'll be an awkward ride" I thought, hopefully loud enough for him to hear. He spun me around and placed two fingers under my chin and lifted my face up. As we stared into each other's blue eyes, he leaned in for a kiss. "Not again," I said in my mind. "But he looks so cute in his tux," another part of me said. I closed my eyes and welcomed his kiss. "Wait. What was I doing?! This was going to make everything awkward."

He was millimeter away from my lips as I began to move back. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but even more I didn't want to lose our friendship. I loved him, I just wasn't sure which way yet. I could feel his lips almost touching mine, they were so close.

Suddenly, somebody shouted "Yo!" and we both jerked away, only to the side to find nobody. He looked down as I jumped into the driver's seat. I patted the passenger seat, but he looked away and waved his hand in the air.