Chapter Eleven

I asked him about his family and his childhood. Then a couple questions about his likes and dislikes. He was opening up to me now and I wasn't sure why he hadn't open up already. I hadn't heard anything bad so far, just about how rough it was growing up. Which life isn't easy for anyone, some have it worse than others but it is nothing to be ashamed of. So I just came out and asked why he had so much trouble talking about himself before. That is when he says, "you haven't asked the question that I was afraid would come up." What kind of answer was that? What question is he talking about?

Just then, Brendon walked in. "Hey buddy, how was your nap? " He just looked at me with a blank look and got up in my lap. He was still half asleep.

"Mommy, are you and Toby going to get married?"

I was shocked by that question. But Toby just thought it was funny apparently, since he busted out laughing at the question and spit his drink everywhere. It was actually a good thing, because now I didnt have to answer the question. Brendon was now distracted by the drink going everywhere and started laughing with him.

....

The next day Brendon went to stay the night with my mom and I had the house to myself for the first time, since we moved in. It was nice at first, since I was able to relax but after a while it wasnt. It was too quiet and lonely. I wasnt used to it and missed him already. Just after lunch time I received a text from Toby asking what me and Brendon were doing. And I told him about him staying with my mom.

Toby: "oh shit! House to yourself. Party time!"

Me: "Yeah, I never was a big party animal like you."

Toby: "I will have to take you out one Saturday night and show you how to be one ;)"

Me: "lol good luck.. I will only cramp your style"

Toby: "Since you are free though, would you like to come over?"

I had to think about that one. I hadnt been inside his house yet, he just did open up to me, and there is still something that he hasn't told me. Then again, it is lonely here, he is starting to opening up about himself, and maybe I can find out what I havent yet if I do go over there.

Toby: "hello? You still there?"

Me: "Sorry, yes. I would like that."

Toby: "GREAT! See you soon?"

ME: "Give me an hour."

I cant believe this, I feel like a teenager again. I havent felt butterflies like I do, over going to a guy's house in years. What should I wear? I look at myself in the mirror and feel digusted with what I see. I have been sitting around the house all day and look like I just rolled out of bed. I need to shower, fix my head, and put some make up on this mess I call a face.

By the time I was walking out the door, it had been two hours. I didnt realize it until i looked at my phone and saw a text from Toby asking where I was.

When I got there, I could smell a delightful smell that reminded me of my mother's cooking. I knocked on the door nervously and took a deep breath. You are OK Em. Calm down, you are just hanging out with a friend. A friend that is attracted to you and you to him. Uh what am I doing?
"There you are", Toby said as he answered the door. "You look beautiful... I hope you are hungry. " I walked into his house and was surprised. I expected a bachelor pad but saw a well decorated and neatly kept home instead. "You have a nice house", I said to him. "Thanks, my mom decorated it." Well that explains that part and I'm sure he cleaned up the place when I said I was coming.

"So how does it feel to be kid free? "

"Its different, I am not used to it. "

"I bet", he laughed. "Is everything OK? Is it the food? "

"No, the food is fine."

"Well dont look like a lost pupoy dog, I don't bite. Unless you want me to."